At Folio, we don’t just seek employees with a proven track record of success in their chosen profession, we seek to have an organization filled with individuals whose Values and Character align with our Core Values. These values play a key role in the success of our organization.
Our Core Values Are:
* People * Innovative Spirit * Transparency * Sense of Urgency * Mutual Respect
Under the direction of a Regional Sales Director, this position is responsible for significantly developing the sales of all Argentine Wines in the assigned territory within the philosophies and style of the company. Responsible for day-to-day sales contact with key on and off premise relationships in the Top 100 accounts, working in partnership with the distributor sales force, communicating needs and expectations in areas of allocations, depletions, marketing programs and product placement. Keep supervisor informed of critical information and trends in the market place. Attend trade events and special promotions, always acting as an ambassador in the style and image set by the Michael Mondavi family. Support account needs and maximize selling opportunity with other brands in the Folio portfolio when opportunities become available.
Market Sales Work (60%)
• Achieve sales plans by developing, cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with the Top 100 accounts in the territory as defined by the RSD, leverage relationships to explore new business opportunities.
• Increase on and off premise account penetration and activation by establishing sales presence in the market. Conduct regular work withs and lead in the development of Argentine wines in the territory.
• Drive on- and off-premise sales by providing education materials, seminars, and training on all Argentine wines to key accounts.
• Support account needs and maximize selling opportunity with other brands in the Folio portfolio when opportunities become available.
Distributor Relations (15%)
• Communicate information and education on Argentine Wine programs, strategies and brand standard to distributor sales teams in order to achieve sales plan targets.
• Conduct assessments of distributor sales capabilities, manage the on-going efforts of sales team and specialists, effectiveness of presentations.
• Assist distributors to develop and cultivate story-telling ability to enhance mind share and sales performance of Folio’s Argentine portfolio.
• Participate in general sales team meetings.
National Accounts Placement Support (15%)
• Provide support to on- and off-premise National Accounts teams on new placements by providing education and training on Argentine wines to accounts and distributor teams.
• Drive and ensure compliance and follow through on National Accounts placements of Argentine wines.
Supplier Market Work (5%)
• Actively call upon Folio’s Argentine suppliers for their needed interaction and support in furthering sales efforts and desired results.
• Ensure supplier market tours are productive and effective use of Folio’s time, coordinate activities with distributor confirming dates and objectives are provided in a timely manner.
• Ensure proper inventory, programming, incentives are in place to support initiatives.
• Provide feedback to Sales Leadership and Marketing on market issues, opportunities, changes, gaps, challenges and competitive activity.
• Ensure timely submission of expense and market recap reporting, adhere to T&E budgets.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining professional networks.
• Utilize Folio’s reporting tools to understand brand health and needs; develop action plans for business opportunities to increase sales.
Education/Experience: College degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related discipline. Minimum of 4 years of experience selling wines through multi-tiered distribution channels, experience selling Argentine wines is preferred.
Skills: Must be an effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills, comfortable in front of large and small audiences. Must possess strong listening skills, and outstanding sales skills (follow-up, closing, overcoming objections). Good PC skills (Windows: Word/Excel). Must be a self-starter, be able to juggle multiple situations, and able to work independently. Ability to learn and use effectively Folio’s reporting tools, to manage and plan business activities. Experience planning/coordinating events, and outstanding time management skills. Must possess a high level of integrity, be self-confident, have an excellent ability to build relationships. Understanding of the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Creative with a winning attitude, and the selling abilities of telling a story and influencing.
Knowledge: Passion for and extensive knowledge of Domestic and Import wines.
Physical: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends. Must be able to travel including overnight stays both domestic and international. Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
Other: Must have a valid Driver’s license in the state employed and must meet the Company’s automobile insurance requirements.
EOE. No Phone Calls. No Recruiters.