Massanois (www.massanois.com) is a New York City-based national importer and direct distributor of fine wine and craft spirits. We curate and represent a portfolio of quality-driven family-owned wineries and distilleries from around the world.
We are direct (Importer & Distributor) in New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California, Washington DC, and Virginia, and work in another 36 States with a network of like-minded, independent, quality distributors.
It’s our mission to find quality wines and craft spirits from around the world and connect these with leading restaurants, retailers and distributors. We work to tell the unique story of each producer we represent; one bottle at a time.
A sampling of the portfolio includes: Poderi Aldo Conterno, Salcheto, Tenuta di Bibbiano Chianti Classico, Fanti, Laura Aschero, AR Lenoble, Domaine du Chalet Pouilly, Domaine Daniel Rion, Jean Max Roger, Karthäuserhof, Brick & Mortar, Brittan, Joyce, Eden Rift, among other notable brands.
About the Job:
We are looking for a full-time sales representative in Southern New Jersey. The territory will include a number of active on- and off-premise accounts.
• You possess the "hospitality DNA" of caring about going that extra mile to make it happen, regardless of the “it.”
• You have balance in your skill set. Wine sales is harder than it looks - you need to know wine, provide outstanding customer service, be organized, punctual and keep up with the fast pace of ever-growing orders while you are on the move.
• You have been looking for a smaller company where your work and contribution will stand out and allow you to build a great career, but a large enough company to provide stability, benefits and the tools you need to do your job.
• You are a people person, and past colleagues would use the word “integrity” when describing you.
• Great account relationships.
• Strong sell-in and sell-through (get the placement; support the account with tastings, dinners, events, etc.).
• Provide exemplary customer service.
• Strong knowledge of all wine regions; strengths in Italian, French, and Domestic.
• Seek out creative opportunities to build brands.
• Plan your work. Develop a plan of attack for your territory and keep it updated. Which accounts are you going to grow, who else are you going to open, what are you going to achieve?
• Work your plan. Continuously assess cold/warm/hot opportunities, prioritize your time and activity, accordingly, hit your targets.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience in Salesforce and Google Sheets a plus. Able to utilize these tools to set smart priorities, develop goals and targets, and assess results.
Across the Board:
• Self-directed, motivated, organized.
• Great communication skills. This role is very entrepreneurial, but we are a strong team that likes to assist and remove obstacles for one another; we cannot achieve that without high communication.
• Attend sales meetings, annual portfolio tastings, and other company events.
• You are the face of Massanois in this market – do what you say, say what you mean, be the extension of our winery families.
• Industry experience required.
This is a great opportunity for a sales professional with a love of wine to build their career with a well-organized, fast-growing, and dynamic company.
All inquiries will be held in the strictest of confidence. Additional details about the company, portfolio, and compensation will be provided upon your selection for further discussions.