Spirits Specialist Job Duties:
• Works alongside the Spirits Portfolio Manager and VP of Portfolio Management as well as Sales leadership to develop a strategic plan to maximize the distribution and marketing of our brands as well as prospect new brands that fit the portfolio to deliver growth potential.
• Able to state on top of changing market and industry trends. Works closely with key tastemakers and USBG.
• Identifies target account types and opportunities.
• Acts as an authority on the spirits portfolio and can develop educational selling tools.
• Effectively presents in front of large groups. Advocates for highly acclaimed spirits in addition to lesser known brands.
• Ability to support accounts with tastings, staff trainings and consumer events.
• Prepare market work opportunities for supplier representatives.
• Assist Spirits Brand Manager in maintaining healthy supplier relationships.
• Maintain a social media following via Facebook, Twitter & Instagram that adheres to corporate policy.
• Use of web-based productivity apps.
Spirits Specialist Skills and Qualifications:
• Occasional lifting up to 45 lbs., bending, sitting, standing, manual dexterity, reaching, visual acuity.
• High School Diploma or GED; College Degree Preferred.
• 3-5 years of wine/spirits industry experience.
• Superior follow through and the ability to handle multiple tasks with limited supervision.
• Highly organized.
• Network of influencers in the spirits industry.
• Experience managing or working with wholesaler.
• Prior Computer and Phone Customer Service Experience Preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook programs.
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills with the proven ability to communicate across multiple teams.