Rack & Riddle Custom Wine Services, the North Bay Area’s premier custom crush and winemaking facility is currently looking to fill a Cellar Master position. As a member of the Winemaking team, the position of Cellar Master will be responsible for the management and supervision all cellar activities and processes. Under the direction of the Director of Winemaking, the Cellar Master will provide instruction and coordination to the cellar team to maintain quality, efficiency and productivity in all aspects of R&R’s wine production and safety.
• Demonstrate leadership, professionalism and serve as a role model in the development of a positive and progressive company culture.
• Organize and coordinate cellar operations for the 3 production winemaking processes (Tirage, Disgorging and Still wine)
• Develop workforce requirements for both Harvest and non-Harvest periods. Hire to meet production needs
• Maximize use of cellar labor resources to ensure availability of staff, advanced planning to ensure a smooth and seamless workflow
• Manage day to day cellar activities with cellar leads to meet production schedules
• Provide the Winemaking team daily updates on workload and progress of cellar work
• Ensure cellar equipment and cellar supplies are available, inventoried and in optimal working condition to meet winery production needs. Ensure proper use and care of equipment by cellar employees and communicate maintenance needs and priorities to the Facilities department
• Ensure employees are trained on SOP’s and are following protocols
• In conjunction with winemaking, develop and maintain Cellar Standard Operating Procedures to ensure quality steps and risk aversion are built into all production systems and processes
• Manage documentation of sanitation, filter integrity, training and maintenance records in the cellar
• Manage overall sanitation and appearance of all cellar areas
• Contribute to winery safety program development and ensure the enforcement of and adherence
• Promote and implement sustainable practices (water conservation, recycling, energy efficiency).
• Ensure compliance with government regulations and manage regulatory issues.
• Continually evaluate and document employee performance and provides constructive feedback, including annual reviews
• Responsible for managing timecards, vacation requests and scheduling
• Review and audit completed work orders prior to data entry
• Propose improvements/solutions for cellar operations as it related to equipment organization and staffing
Rack & Riddle is a drug free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Workplace.