Pellegrini-Olivet Lane is a renowned multigenerational family-owned winery & estate vineyard, located in the heart of the Russian River Valley in Sonoma County. The family purchased the 70-acre orchard in 1972. Converting 60 acres to vineyard land by 1975, the heirloom Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vines have been sourced by many luminary winemakers. Our 40,000 case production winery is shared with a handful of additional tenant and client brands. In addition to wine, we produce estate olive oil from our mature olive trees. Hospitality takes place outdoors in our tasting room gardens & event spaces that encircle the winery, continuing to be developed and added to each season.
The Estate Maintenance Manager is a flexible team member who oversees the upkeep of our property, landscaping, and winery facilities. May also assist with vineyard work via direction of our Viticulture Manager, and in the cellar via the direction of our Winemaker. This dynamic position works with all teams, with projects changing daily / weekly, depending on the season. Perfect for self-starters who enjoy working outside, with their hands, and solving problems.
1/3rd Landscape & Gardening
1/3rd Facility & Property Maintenance
1/3rd Vineyard & Cellar Support
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Landscaping — Seasonal planting of plants & veggies, pruning, tree trimming, weeding, watering, irrigation, and fertilization.
• Facilities Maintenance — Repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance tasks on buildings, facilities, fixtures and systems, utilizing hand and portable power tools. Carpentry, mechanical, and plumbing skills a plus. Maintain the working order of tools and organization of sheds.
• Vineyard — Assist vineyard management team in seasonal farming activities. Pruning, leafing, mowing, etc. Fixing trellising, posts, and irrigation.
• Wine Production & Cellar Assistance — As needed, providing support to our winemaker. Assist cellar & tasting room staff as needed, for bottling, set-up, and dismantling of special events, deliveries in the company truck, etc.
• Experience within a vineyard/winery environment.
• Outstanding problem-solving, analytical, and project management skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep clear and accurate records.
• Self-motivated, confident, decisive, and collaborative in approach.
• Drives forklifts, scissor lifts, tractor, and other vehicles as necessary to perform maintenance responsibilities.
• Valid California driver’s license and be insurable by the company.
• This position requires regular standing, walking, kneeling, and crawling.
• Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
• 21+ years old.
• Full or Part-Time, Hourly
• Overtime Available (Harvest)
• Medical, dental & vision
• Generous Vacation
• Hiring: Immediately