* Samples tanks and barrels for analysis.
* Washes lab glassware and helps maintain lab cleanliness.
* Sets up samples for winemaking.
* Assists in monitoring lab inventories.
* Enters and records data accurately and on time.
* Develops a general proficiency in the use of some analytical equipment in the lab, both hardware and software.
* Participates in continuing educational programs, as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager, to enhance job performance and knowledge.
* Samples fermentation tanks for temperature and brix.
* This position is responsible for understanding and adhering to Simi Winery hazardous material & safety procedures, and GMPs.
* Follow procedures according to established standard operating procedures (SOP's) for quality and the lab.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Winery experience preferred.
* Ability to communicate in verbal and written form.
* Basic computer skills including web navigation and data entry.
* The employee frequently is required to bend, sit, talk or listen, stand, and walk for long periods of time. Occasionally he/she is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, or lift up to 50lbs.
* Working conditions at the winery can be cold, hot, wet, slippery and noisy.
* Able to work a flexible schedule with overtime as requested, including weekends and night shifts.
* Able to work safely in lab, including proper handling techniques for hazardous substances and use of personal protective equipment.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).