Rooted in rebellion. Commitment to regenerate.
Celebrating over 50 years of acclaimed winegrowing, Fetzer Vineyards was founded in 1968 in Mendocino County, California. An award-winning purveyor of wines and spirits spanning multiple origins and available in more than 50 countries worldwide, Fetzer Vineyards is a leader in sustainable business practices, organic winegrowing, and craftsmanship in the cellar. In addition to robust offerings under the winery’s flagship Fetzer label, the winery also crafts the leading wine from organic grapes, Bonterra Organic Vineyards, named American Winery of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine in 2016. Other California offerings include Adorada, Anthony’s Hill, Beckon, Relay, Sanctuary Wines and 1000 Stories, the original Bourbon barrel-aged wine.
In the role of material handler, you will be a key member of the Logistics Team. This position maintains a well-organized raw material inventory for our high volume wine production facility. You will be responsible for the receiving, proper storage and rotation of all inventory. This involves utilizing a lift truck to unload all incoming raw materials. In addition, you will process all receipt transactions within company enterprise resource planning software (SAP); ensure receiving documentation matches physical quantity received, reporting any discrepancies to appropriate personnel; coordinate with production team to locate materials for production needs.
Material Receiving and Handling
• Verify all incoming raw material shipments for both quantity and quality. Request assistance if the load is questionable. Sign associated bills of lading.
• Responsible for adhering to all safety, material storage and forklift operating standards including, but not limited to: safety SOPs, material stacking limits, housekeeping and sanitation standards, daily inspection sheets, forklift safety etiquette, maintenance checks, proper operation, fueling, storage, etc. Promote a continually improving safety culture by participating in the safety program, required trainings, utilizing proper PPE, promoting the care3 program and always leading by example in the area of safety.
• Operate lift truck to off-load delivery containers. Maintain the material supplies inventory in designated areas and in accordance with established procedures and standards.
• Contact various departments and coordinate pick-up or delivery of equipment, supplies, etc.
• Utilizing SAP, confirm receipt of all incoming materials for goods received.
• Issue raw materials to bottling lines in SAP based on the daily schedule. Deliver and stage daily raw materials for use by bottling department. Verify the proper materials are assigned to each run.
Logistics and Inventory
• Receive any excess materials back into inventory after each bottling run. Verify counts, enter returns into SAP and return properly organized materials back into warehouse.
• On a daily basis, ensure all process orders are entered into SAP. Provide monthly information to Finance, in accordance with their scheduled activities.
• Responsible for proper organization, storage and rotation of production raw goods inventory.
• Notify manager and Supply Chain if inventory levels are in danger of falling below necessary quantities for scheduled production runs.
• Assist with annual physical inventory process.
Packaging and Other Support
• Assist with various packaging projects such as special hand-pack projects, creating samples and mock-ups, evaluating materials, communicating with Quality team as needed and documenting results and procedures.
• Provide lift operator support to bottling and recycling departments as needed.
• Provide assistance with other special projects and assignments.
• High School diploma or GED certificate required. Trade school or college certificate program preferred.
• A minimum of two years experience in material handling, receiving, warehousing or quality/packaging operations required. Prior production/bottling experience preferred.
• Forklift certification, or ability to obtain a forklift certification.
• Valid CA driver’s license required.
• Requires ability to read and understand work orders, spec sheets, bills of lading, policies, procedures and shipping/receiving documents in English. Ability to receive and understand written and verbal instructions in English.
• Detail oriented, excellent organization skills and analytic thinking required. Ability to anticipate and apply cause/effect concepts to daily operations.
• Strong mathematical skills required; use of calculator for counting and tallying.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external contacts such as drivers, warehouse, quality, bottling maintenance, logistics and finance.
• Computer skills required – Excel, internet, email and database experience. Requires data entry into inventory and material management system and spreadsheets. Prior SAP experience preferred. Ability to operate electronic devices such as smart phones, tablets and radios required.
• Ability to work independently and complete tasks correctly and within the assigned timeframe.
• Requires knowledge of lift truck operations, safety requirements, functions and maintenance.
• Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
• This is a 5-day/8-hour per day position, Mon–Fri.
Fetzer Vineyards’ corporate office is located at 12901 Old River Rd Hopland, CA 95449 Hopland is a small town of less than 800 people and about a two-hour drive, along scenic U.S. Route 101, north of San Francisco.
California operations include Mendocino County winery, production and 1000 acres of farmed vineyard locations. The company employs over 300 across the U.S.
Tell us about your passion for the wine industry: apply online http://fetzervineyards.appone.com