ONE GREAT FUTURE
Aim high. Think big. Go far. Open up a world of opportunities by working with Amcor, a global leader in innovative and responsible packaging solutions.
As a machine operator, you are in charge of running the machine to produce, and packing capsules in compliance with the customers’ expectations, the quality standards, and the health and safety procedures. You are responsible for setting up, making adjustments, and troubleshooting the machines until a quality product has been produced. You participate in production improvement.
YOUR PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES WOULD BE TO:
• Run the machine safely
o Observe all safety rules/ regulations and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner
o Review production schedule and documentation to determine what product will be run on which machine
o Prepare the changeover (e.g., documentation, materials and tooling for set-up, including mixing the ink)
o Set-up the machine as required and verify the accuracy of the set-up before starting the production
o Run the machine and make adjustments to ensure a high quality production (e.g., cleaning the machine and the work area, making ink, filling the hoppers, etc.)
o Move pallets in and out of the production area. Forklift license preferred
• Ensure the quality of the product and the satisfaction of the customers
o Perform quality control checks, complete the related documentation. Inform the Production Manager or Quality Manager as necessary
o Perform daily cleaning and maintenance of the machine
o Sets labels and stickers accordingly to the procedure
• Participate in production improvement
o Record box production and waste
o Participate in weekly production meetings
o Report safety concerns
• Perform other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU BRING
1. Formal Qualifications and Experience
• Education: High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years experience operating a machine, printing and/or maintenance strongly preferred
• Experience with screen printing and spray printing is an asset
• Knowledge of mixing ink preferred
• Possess a high level of attention-to-detail and maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment
• Strong reliability and dependability
• Must be willing to work any shift; weekends and overtime
• Must have the necessary skills to perform reading, writing and verbal skills to effectively communicate and understand requirements of the job.
• Must have the ability to work in and contribute to Production Improvement, Associate Involvement and Temporary Teams
3. Physical requirements
• Normal Vision
• Distant Vision
• Near Vision
• Hearing/ Listening
• Hand/Finger Dexterity
• Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
• Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
Other Physical Requirements: Ability to work 9 hour shifts, weekends and overtime
Work Environment : Plant Manufacturing Setting
YOU WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH
Internal contacts, American Canyon co-workers
Comprehensive compensation and benefits package including bonus, 401 (k), healthcare insurance, FSA, gym membership etc.
If you are looking for a fast-paced and multicultural environment, join us now!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.