MAZZOCCO WINERY IS RECRUITING FOR AN ENTRY LEVEL, FULL-TIME TASTING ROOM & INVENTORY SUPPORT ASSOCIATE!
As a part of the dynamic team at Mazzocco Winery, the Tasting Room and Inventory Support Associate will support the day-to-day functions of the Tasting Room, including providing exceptional guest service, setting and clearing tables, washing and polishing glassware, inventory control, and general housekeeping. In addition, this individual may step in on an as-needed basis to assist with pouring and wine sales. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasting Room Support (50%)
• Represents the brand by exceeding customer expectations.
• Handles opening and closing procedures, which includes but is not limited to, setup and breakdown of tables, chairs and all items related to tasting room events.
• Re-stocks wine and merchandise from the stock room into the Tasting Room.
• Completes fulfillment of Tasting Room orders as instructed by the Tasting Room staff.
• Maintains the aesthetics of the winery inside and out as needed.
• Cleans restrooms, empties trash cans, cleans windows, sweeps and dusts as needed.
Inventory Support (25%)
• Makes up club orders as directed by the Shipping & Inventory Coordinator
• Re-stocks fulfillment room as directed by the Shipping & Inventory Coordinator
• Consolidates/palletizes shipping manifest orders for pick-up
• Keeps warehouse wine organized with the help of other staff
• Organizes and maintains all stock rooms
• Notifies managers/leads when supplies are low
• Collects and delivers wine for inter-winery sales promotions and competitions
• Ensures will-call and club orders are accurate on a weekly basis
• Assists with fulfillment and shipping of all futures orders
• Assists with notifying tasting room staff when inventories are low
Event Logistics (10%)
• Works with Event Coordinator to set up winery as well as off-site venues
• Washes and polishes all glassware
• Runs general errands for event set-up, supply needs, cash drops and bank change
General Maintenance (5%)
Assists with small maintenance projects around the winery
Tasting Room Sales and Service (10%)
• Ensures that all guests are greeted immediately upon entry to the Tasting Room and provided with experiences that will build brand loyalty
• Communicates in a knowledgeable, professional and gracious manner to all guests in the Tasting Room ID's guests to ensure each is of legal age to consume alcohol
• Serves samples of wine for guests in both individual and group settings
• Shares appropriate information and educates guests about Mazzocco wines, brand history and sister wineries
• Promotes the sale of wine products in the tasting room, pursues sales opportunities and encourages customers to buy Mazzocco wines and join the wine club
• Accurately uses POS registers and other winery systems to transact sales and maintain tasting room inventory
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with co-workers, guests and vendors
• Customer service focus – friendly and helpful demeanor
• Ability to lift, stack, carry and move up to 45 lb. cases on a regular basis
• Ability to operate a pallet jack and/or forklift
• Acute attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• Self-motivated with a high level of accountability and productivity
• Clean DMV record, reliable, insured transportation
• Ability to work weekends, evenings and overtime
• Able to present and sell wine
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced hospitality environment
• Previous winery experience
• California Safe Beverage and Food Handler certification
• Pallet Jack & Forklift certified
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Able to speak, read and write fluently in English. Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Able to provide accurate change to guests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be performed by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A reasonable accommodation, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours a day. Must be able to lift/pull/push/carry 45 lb. boxes on a repetitive basis. The incumbent will be required to speak, listen, talk and hear, smell, grasp, reach and taste on a continuous basis. May also be required to climb, stoop, kneel and crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Wilson Artisan Wineries is an equal opportunity employer.