Spirited magazine, the award-winning trade publication for alcohol beverage professionals, has an immediate opening for a senior sales executive with industry knowledge and relationships, preferably in the B2B supplier market. Minimum 3-5 years outside sales experience, with print and digital media advertising sales experience preferred but not mandatory. This position reports to Spirited’s publisher, and provides a growth environment for someone with a solid sales record and an entrepreneurial mindset. The ideal candidate will be a creative, solution-driven thinker who is both tactical and strategic, self-disciplined, and well-organized.
While this is primarily a base-plus-commission advertising media sales position, additional experience in selling and/or managing trade shows, conferences, alcohol beverage competitions, industry sponsorships, B2B digital marketing and sales, and people management skills are all a plus for future development.
Spirited is part of the magazine division of Sonoma Media Investments, publishers of The Press Democrat, Sonoma Magazine, Spirited Magazine, the North Bay Business Journal, The Sonoma Index Tribune, Petaluma Argus Courier, Sonoma Gazette, La Prensa Sonoma, and the Emerald Report.
This position is responsible for:
• Competitively position and demonstrate the value of print and digital offering
• Acquire knowledge of customer needs through needs assessments
• Maintain and grow profitable relationships and revenues within existing business
• Develop new business from cold calling, prospecting and consultative selling
• Provide exceptional customer service and follow-through to maintain existing business and sustain long-term relationships
• Attend major wine, spirits, beer, and cider conferences annually
• Analyze category/territory to develop new client opportunities
• Research and analyze alcohol beverage segments to identify new business opportunities
• Effectively employ our CRM system for sales activity, tracking, reporting, and booking
• Assist publisher in planning, forecasting and budgeting
• Achieve and exceed targeted revenue projections!
Sonoma Media Investments values the contribution of all its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off and more.
Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
To apply please visit www.sonomamediainvestments.com/jobs and submit a resume and cover letter.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer