Under close supervision, the temporary General Cellar Technician efficiently performs general crush and wine processing duties, operates general cellar equipment, keeps accurate records and ensures work procedures are conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
• Diligently follows safety, GMP, and ISO procedures and policies to safeguard personal and team member's safety, wine quality and company property
• Constructs basic pump and hose transfer lines for movement of liquid products to and from tanks and tanker trucks, adhering to procedures outlined in General Standard Operational Procedures (modules)
• Ensures critical steps are followed for wine receiving and shipment of domestic and international loads that maintain quality and customer demands
• Communicates business information in a professional and clear manner
• Executes cleaning and sanitation steps to wine tanks, transfer lines and winery equipment
• Performs critical winemaking steps during harvest to rack clean juice to fermenters and expedite yeast inoculations and nutrient additions
• Monitors multiple assignments simultaneously
• Assists skilled technicians as necessary
• Supports site lean initiatives by actively participating in 5S initiatives Performs simple cellar tasks, such as but no limited to lees and oak removal inside confined spaces (tanks)
• Takes initiative to maintain work area in a safe, professional and organized manner
• Uses downtime productively by working on assigned projects, clean-up or assisting other team members
• Assists in one of the harvest press areas or barrel room as needed
• Assists other departments as needed and may be provisionally reassigned to other departments based on business needs.
• May operate high reach equipment strictly adhering to safety practices
*Other duties may be assigned
High school diploma or GED
Basic math skills and ability to multitask
• Work at protected heights of 45', indoors and outdoors with marked temperature and humidity changes, exposed to dust, fumes, gases and noisy equipment.
• Must be able to work extended hours during the harvest season
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time
Delicato Family Wines offers its temporary employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance component includes medical coverage. In addition you will be eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan with a generous company match, and sick time accrual.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.