Rocky Pond Estate Winery is a small, family-owned winery in Orondo, Washington. We produce ultra-premium red, white and rosé wines from several estate vineyards in the Lake Chelan and Orondo area. The production team is passionate about crafting exceptional wines and prides themselves in promoting a great hands-on experience and safe working practices.
We have harvest intern positions available for individuals passionate about the winemaking process and interested in working with grapes from our Estate Vineyards for our own label as well as custom clients. Harvest Interns work closely with the winemaker carrying out a wide variety of hands-on, small-batch winemaking tasks in all facets of harvest work. Duties include, but are not limited to, receiving & crushing grapes, sorting fruit, racking, pump-overs, press operations, cleaning & sanitizing, cellar/barrel activities as needed, grape sampling in vineyards, forklift operation, overall production building cleaning and sanitation.
We are seeking positive, enthusiastic, detail-oriented individuals that work well within a team environment, who are willing to work hard and clean scrupulously.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to bend over, kneel, reach, and balance on/climb ladders
• Ability to work in all types of weather and climates (hot, cold, windy, wet, etc)
• Willingness to work long hours – including weekends and holidays
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Ability to accurately complete work instructions individually or in a team
• Adhere to all Safety protocols
• Able to follow written and oral instructions
• Able to communicate clearly with others
The internship begins in late August and continues through mid to late November depending on season and conditions. This position has the opportunity to develop into a year-round cellar and vineyard operations position. If you are interested in joining the team for our 2020 harvest, please send your resume, cover letter and a list of work references.