Essential Job Functions:
* Learn and follow all laboratory work instructions and safety procedures.
* Standardize equipment as needed and ensure it is working properly.
* Perform accurate routine and advanced chemical and physical analysis on wines, juices, concentrates and other company products.
* Prepare reagents and standard solutions.
* Prepare, maintain, and distribute required reports and records.
* Perform microbiological procedures in a competent and effective manner.
* Assist the research and development department by providing support as needed.
* Maintain lab cleanliness and a safe, sanitary working environment.
* Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
* Work off shifts and overtime as assigned.
* Work with supervisor to develop, learn and strengthen skills.
* Perform all other tasks as assigned.
* Communicating effectively
* Building relationships & teamwork
* Customer/ consumer focus
* Initiative and results orientation
* Planning and organizing
* Role expertise
* Quality & Work Standards
* Associates/Two year degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Food Science or related field preferred.
* 2-5 year experience
* Equivalent combination of education & experience is acceptable.
* Knowledge of various wine types
* Strong knowledge of analytical procedures.
* Strong knowledge of mathematics.
* Experience in computer applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
* Ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to precisely follow directions.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work various shifts as assigned.
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements:
* Physical Requirements:
-Ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds.
-Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
* Work Environment:
-Production and Lab areas.
-Occasionally working around moving machinery.
-Frequent exposure to fumes, airborne particles, toxic and caustic chemicals. Shift work required.
* Travel Required: None.
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).