A small family winery in St. Helena is looking for a senior accountant responsible for all of the winery’s accounting activities.
• Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related business discipline.
• A minimum of four years of progressive accounting experience.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Previous wine industry experience preferred, but not required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and related products required.
• Previous Quickbooks experience required.
• Must be able to multi-task and perform required duties with minimal supervision.
• Responsible for the preparation of all required financial statements and related deliverables.
• Oversee all compliance related functions including licensing and tax filings.
• Manage all transactional accounting functions including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
• Coordination of monthly close and maintenance of balance sheet.
• Preparation and tracking of all business plans and budgets.
• Oversee all treasury functions of business including monitoring and analysis.
• Responsible for additional ad hoc projects and reporting as necessary.
• Continuous evaluation and improvement of internal controls and processes.