Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of skilled mechanic and electrical duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and modify production equipment and facilities. Responsible for adhering to all principles of Mumm Napa’s ISO QSEFS Management System.
Position Dimensions / Roles Reporting to Position / Decision Making Authority:
Position Dimensions: • ??? Work is performed in a general production area and/or office environment with regular demands for moving, lifting/carrying/lowering up to 50 pounds, standing, walking, climbing, and pushing.
• Normal visual, hearing and language acuity required for correspondence and computer usage.
Roles reporting to position: • No roles reporting to this position
Key stakeholders (internal / external): • PRW USA Winemaking Operations Manager – MN
• PRW USA Bottling Supervisor – MN
• PRW USA Maintenance Manager
• All internal PRW employees & stakeholders
Decision Making Authority: • Ordering spare/replacement parts and equipment
• Closing work orders
• Maintains equipment, equipment warranties and maintenance records.
• Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of production equipment.
• Responsible for line changeover and adjustment.
• Responsible for maintaining and managing production equipment spare parts inventory.
• Responsible for general mechanical work connected with various facilities expansion projects such as welding, electrical, carpentry, refrigeration, HVAC.
• Follows blueprints, drawings and general instructions to plan and layout assignment.
• Works with 480V, 277V, 220V, 120V and low voltage control power
• Troubleshoots and repairs production equipment electrical systems
• Assembles and installs mechanical and electro-mechanical equipment and systems such as production machinery/tools, conveyor systems, storage racks and tanks, facility equipment and the like.
• Uses a wide variety of hand, power, and machine tools to perform assignments
• Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical equipment and systems requiring the isolation of the malfunction, disassembly of equipment and repair/replacement of bearings, gears, structural components and the like
• Performs preventive maintenance on equipment and mechanical systems. May perform non-certified welding, wiring and simple machining operations incidental to repair and maintenance tasks
• May assist with general carpentry, printing and moving of equipment/furniture, as directed.
• Follows general housekeeping procedures to include; sweeping, machine and tool cleaning.
• Responsible for adhering to all principles of Mumm Napa’s ISO QSEFS Management System.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
Minimum 5 years general maintenance experience Experience with electrical, carpentry, fabrication, and welding.
Requires a well-rounded knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment and materials used within the mechanics trade Bi-Lingual (Spanish/English)
Prior winery experience Trade school highly desirable
Ability to read and interpret blueprints and assembly drawings Familiar with Microsoft office programs
Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
Able to document work and perform basic math
Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision
High school diploma or equivalent
Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and high standards
Leadership Competencies: Band F
Competency: Engaging Influencing Leading Shaping
Results Orientation X
Lives the Values X
Competency: Level 1 - 4
Risk Management 2
Performance optimisation 2
Operations Planning Optimisation 1
Production process management 2
Logistics Optimization 1
Physical Asset Management 1
Creativity and Innovation 2
Business and Financial Acumen 1
Customer service and quality orientation 2
Project change management 1
Communication and relationship building 2
• Some out of hours work may be required;
• Intra/Interstate travel as required;
• Current driver’s license.
• Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs), go up and down stairs and ladders, bending, sitting and walking
• The maintenance department presents a work environment that can vary from a shop setting to climbing on top of outdoor equipment. Work can be impacted by contact interruptions and urgent changes in job priorities