JaM Cellars seeks a rockstar Manager for its Wine and Music Studio in downtown Napa! The John Anthony Family of Wines is a fast growing company with five wine brands: JaM Cellars, John Anthony Vineyards, FARM Napa Valley by John Anthony, Serial and Weather. This one of a kind Manager will oversee day to day tasting room operations for the very successful JaM Cellars brand. Butter Chardonnay, JaM Cabernet Sauvignon, Toast Sparkling Wine, Candy Rose and Sugar sweet wine are our core wines while we also make Napa exclusive Butter, JaM and Candy, available only through the tasting room and in the wine club.
We are a progressively minded team who knows how to have a lot of fun while working very hard toward increasing successes. We are the presenting sponsor of BottleRock music festival amongst other festivals throughout the country, we continue to increase our presence in downtown Napa (have you been to the JaM Cellars Ballroom at the Margrit Mondavi Theatre yet?!) and our wines have become for their category some of the most popular in the country!
What we need from you (if you’re the right fit, you already know this):
1. Business Acumen: employee management, sales management, expense management, inventory management, reporting and forecasting. Excel knowledge a must. Vin65 knowledge a plus. We want you to have the experience and/or wherewithal to manage a busy tasting room!
2. Diversified Approach: We host two concerts a week, we serve a full menu of food items, we are constantly engaged with a much broader community of trade and music partners and we continue to test the waters of new ideas and experiences. We handle our business with the perspective of what we think is awesome.
3. Creativity: the wine business is a business founded on a classical way of doing things; we’re not classicists. Bringing new ideas to the table is expected and rewarded.
4. Respect and Empathy: successful teams are diverse and challenging. You must both command respect and provide it. Challenge your team. Know strengths and weaknesses; increase the former and decrease the latter. As we grow, you have the opportunity to further build a team of champions!
5. The Usual and often the Most Important: dedication, organization, communication, critical thinker, hospitality, kindness, positivity, honesty, integrity, charisma, motivation, dependability, independence, persistence. If you're the right person for us, you know the drill.
What we will provide (if you’re the right fit, it gets better than this):
1. Generous Income: super competitive base and commission, health insurance, gym membership, 401K, paid time off, wine allocations and a uniquely fun workplace.
2. Advancement: we are an incredibly fast growing wine company. We are doing our best to make history and we want you to help us build it! The bigger we get, the better you "get."
3. Support: we have the unique ability to not only think outside the box but to change the way it is shaped. We will provide every tool you need to get the job done if it is being done right. We know you must succeed for us to succeed.
4. Education: we will support your continued education as a wine professional. Numerous sommeliers and MBA’s work in the company. We celebrate individual and team betterment.
5. Fun: We sponsor music festivals, have tour buses and throw one fun party. While business is always first, we get that it is supposed to be fun.
Submit your resume in confidence and we hope to be in touch with you. Best of luck in your search!