Jack Neal & Son is seeking two Ag Mechanics to work under the direction of the shop manager. This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all vineyard equipment.
• Maintain fleet of agricultural equipment
• Maintain fixed equipment; pumps, wind machines, buildings etc.
• Responsible for preventive maintenance records and parts ordering.
• Coordinate repairs.
• Fabricate parts and equipment as needed.
• Maintain assigned service truck.
• Commutes to various sites to perform duties.
• Follows all safety guidelines.
• Lock, Tag, Clear and Try principles
Qualifications and Experience
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Ability to work overtime and extended hours.
• Spanish language skills desirable.
• Four years experience diagnosing and repairing the following equipment:
John Deere; Kubota, Landini's, Husky, Honda's, Cat, McCormick Pumps, Disc, Hoe Plow, Sprayers, Mowers, Ford, Chevrolet, Peterbilt
LP gas knowledge, electronic ignition and electronic fuel systems
Equipment: Disc, hoe plow, sprayers, mowers, Hondas, chain saws, gear boxes.
• Other skills: Hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, open and closed centered system, Heat exchangers – water pump systems
• Certified for air brakes and auto brakes
• Class A Driver's License a Plus
• Must have clean DMV record
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
• Must be able to hear at a level sufficient to identify potential audible hazards in the work place
• The employee is required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand and walk.
• The employee is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to grip with hands repeatedly and for extended periods
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must have normal night vision and be able to navigate in the dark.
• The position requires working outside in all weather conditions, exposure to extreme heat and cold in some cases.
• Complete mobility (walking, bending, and stretching) in the vineyard on uneven terrain.
• Must be able to work with arms extended 90 degrees to the body or extended above the shoulder
• Office related tasks include sitting at a desk may be required, using computer based technology.
• Driving is required between ranches.