The Manager, Consumer Insights is responsible for identifying key consumer insights across a strong portfolio of brands/innovation to deliver on business objectives. This role leads the creation of project learning plans that drive the development of consumer driven brands, and influences and inspires the brand teams to think consumer first. The Manager works closely with the marketing organization to discover consumer opportunities for growth with the ultimate goal of building consumer demand and driving long term profitable growth. The role reports to the Director, Consumer/Innovation Insights.
* Monitors the health of the brand using internal and external data resources to identify challenges and opportunities to drive both brand development and volume performance.
* Develops learning plans for brands to uncover unmet needs with minimal assistance from the Director
* Is the "voice of the consumer" in brand strategy and brand positioning, supporting the brand teams in building consumer driven brands
* Partners with advertising, media, and promotion agencies' planning departments to ensure key consumer insights are reflected in all programs.
* Collaborates closely with Analytics to measure and analyze media effectiveness and in-market performance to provide impactful recommendations to the brand teams.
* Integrates various types of research (analytics, innovation, shopper, emerging opportunities) into the brand plans for one version of the truth
* A bachelor's degree in relevant field (marketing/business, psychology, sociology).
* 7+ years of consumer insights experience within CPG industry.
* Demonstrates a passion for understanding the consumer and their motivations in the beverage alcohol business.
* Excellent communication skills; very articulate, strong public speaking and writing skills, strong interpersonal skills, strong cross functional skills.
* Demonstrated ability to understand consumer insights that drive the business objectives forward.
* Strong team player and proven ability to work and lead with others (internally and externally).
* Excellent organizational skills, able to prioritize, and successfully manage projects.
* Strong PC skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), syndicated database experience (IRI or Nielsen).
* Willingness to travel 20% of work time.
* Physical Requirements: Requires the ability to stand, walk, climb stairs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. It also requires sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other equipment, reading, talking and hearing for extended periods of time.
* Travel Required: Must be flexible in work style and schedule: travel up to 25%.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
San Francisco, California
Insights & Innovation
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).