The Innovation Insights Manager is responsible for identifying key consumer insights that allows Constellation Brands to build a strong innovation pipeline of products positioned to deliver growth in the wine and spirits business. Leverage consumer insights to inspire innovation and grow new brands with a self-motivated, self-starting approach. Manage all aspects of projects while building business knowledge and developing strong cross-functional relationships. Be an advocate for the consumer in providing actionable insights and recommendations to grow the business.
The position requires a functional specialist with proven sound research knowledge, skills and abilities as well as a strategic thinker who can integrate multiple sources of data to provide a comprehensive point of view beyond the research findings. Leadership skills are required to develop a team to work effectively and achieve success based on business objectives.
* Takes a proactive role in identifying insight gaps to develop strategic learning plans that guide decisions on new product growth
* Drives the development and execution of qualitative and quantitative research based on business needs and objectives
* Adopts a flexible approach to research plans based on priorities and business objectives
* Leads the vendor RFP and selection process to ensure appropriate methodologies and approaches are used for projects
* Reviews trends and collects data from both primary and secondary sources to draw conclusions and make recommendations to the business
* Works closely with vendors to analyze data, extract meaningful and actionable insights, and create clear, concise and meaningful reports
* Seeks value in the data in order to provide additional insights and recommendations beyond what was requested
* Leads synthesis of data across multiple sources to identify macro-level themes and insights
* Influences leadership through the application of consumer insights and market trends
* Communicates via compelling business story-telling to ensure insights inspire business action
* Provides meaningful and actionable recommendations for new products and line extensions based on consumer insights
* Explores and recommends new research techniques focused on innovation
* Collaborates with the team to develop strong relationships and achieve the role of trusted business partner
* Participates in active roles on cross-functional teams
* Manages existing research partners effectively and introduces new vendors to the business
* Provides coaching, tools, direction and leadership support to direct reports and the broader team in order to achieve business results
* Manages career development of direct reports while insuring acceptable levels of engagement
* Bachelor's degree required
* 5+ years of market research experience at a research and/or CPG company
* Travel - up to 40%.
* Broad expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and techniques
* Experience managing a wide array of research projects which include brand, packaging, advertising, and innovation methodologies
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
* Proven track record of translating key consumer learnings and insights into actionable business strategies to drive results
* Exhibits strong leadership skills with track record of others seeking out his / her involvement and leadership for projects
* Ability to develop strong internal and external business relationships
* Ability to provide clear and relevant communication through verbal and written methods
* Ability to present complex research findings as compelling, action oriented insights and recommendations
* Expertise with Excel and PowerPoint
* Experience working with syndicated data sources such as IRI, Spectra, and Household Panel
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines within budget requirements
* Advanced degree
* Prior experience managing direct reports
* Prior experience working in an innovation role
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
San Francisco, California
Insights & Innovation
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).