The primary role of this position is to guide and assist our members and consumers who join our wine club and purchase wine by phone and e-mail in a way that exceeds their expectations. In addition, candidates must possess the ability to provide a high level of personal service to our members and an aptitude to sell wine.
• Support the membership services group in a sales and customer care capacity. Proactively maintain relationships with our members by email and phone. Process daily orders and communication in a timely manner in addition to sales inquiries from our direct mail, electronic mail and other inbound telephone campaigns.
• Assist in the creation of marketing programs utilizing CRM information to gain valuable insight on our members and mailing list subscribers. Identify opportunities to improve guest experiences and increase sales.
• Identify and execute new areas of business. Examples include corporate gifts, business partnerships and other non-traditional programs to create Direct to Consumer opportunities.
• Handle other tasks, responsibilities and projects as needed.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain thorough knowledge of the winery, brand messaging and products to include wines, membership programs, retail items, holiday gift programs, and seasonal promotional offers.
• Sell wine and promote our brands via telephone, email and online orders, inquiries, and requests. Learn and understand shipping laws as they relate to direct sales.
• Utilize the CRM database to create innovative uses of customer data to enhance member and consumer relationships while adding incremental revenue to the membership services group.
• Keen grasp on technology and leveraging CRM
• Heavy administrative record keeping and business operations standards including updating Salesforce contact records, order management including processing, refunds, fulfillment, case management, etc.
• Work with the Director of Membership to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage Salesforce CRM as it relates to retention and member benefits. Be proactive in presenting ideas and solutions that drive better customer experiences on the web, through our membership services team and at our hospitality locations.
• On occasion, work at winery events at any of our locations in Napa and Sonoma.
• Complete other duties and responsibilities as required by the winery.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or similar degree preferred.
• 2-3 years of sales experience, preferably in a wine, beer or spirits related business. Experience in Direct to Consumer Sales a plus.
• Possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Enjoy telephone work and engaging our Members and Guests.
• Highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and aggressive sales goals
• Ability to manage your “business” with a focus on prioritization and multi-tasking.
• Must be a dependable team-player and a highly motivated autonomous worker who can maintain project deadlines and a sense of urgency.
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook at an intermediate level.
• Above average understanding of CRM and Software as a Service (Cloud) systems.
• Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the policies of HALL Wines.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Hourly Rate plus comissions
• Among others, benefits include Health Insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision), paid vacation, paid volunteer work, 401K, and discounts on wines.
About HALL Family Wines:
• HALL, WALT and BACA produce critically acclaimed Cabernet Sauvignons, Pinot Noirs and Zinfandels that stand among the best in the world. We are deeply committed to the production of exceptional wines that are reflections of the land from which the grapes are grown. We are proud leaders in sustainability, having built the first LEED Gold winery in California, in addition to our 11 certified sustainable (CCWA) Estate vineyards.
• At HALL Family Wines, we strive to do the right thing, to follow responsible business practices and to give back to our communities. We believe in the philosophy of leaving the world better than we found it, a philosophy we have been putting into action for 50 years, both in business and through our family Foundation, established in 1977.
• Hall Wines is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, veteran or disability status.
If values and community responsibility are important factors for you in choosing a place to work, if you enjoy working in an environment that prizes creativity, and if you hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in your job performance, this position may be a good fit for you.
Local candidates only. We look forward to hearing from you.