The Four Graces, a member of Foley Family Wines, has an opening for full-time, temporary Harvest Cellar Intern for the 2020 vintage. We’re looking for one more team member to join us for crush from September through November.
At The Four Graces we are committed to making rich, complex wines that elegantly express the quality of our fruit and vineyard sites. The wines are hand-crafted in small lots using traditional techniques coupled with the most modern technology in winemaking. We source grapes from our three estate vineyards as well as several prestigious growers throughout the region.
The Harvest Cellar Intern is involved in all areas of wine production from harvest through bottling. We’re a small, passionate, dedicated team and we strive to ensure maximum efficiency and wine quality.
Applicants must be available without interruption from September through November and willing to work overtime. Previous experience is valued, but we’re willing to train the right motivated individual. The ideal applicant is dependable, organized, enthusiastic, detail oriented, self-motivated, and possesses a positive attitude, sense of humor, communication skills, and interest in working on a dynamic team to make great wine in a fast-pace work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Harvest Cellar Interns will assist the production team in the following areas:
• Winery sanitation
• Grape receiving, crushing and pressing
• Fermentation cap management
• Additions and inoculations
• Racking and barrel filling
• Vineyard sampling
• Forklift operation
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Basic math skills
• Ability to accurately follow and complete work instructions
• Willingness to work long hours including weekends and swing shifts as needed
• Previous cellar and forklift experience is a plus but not required
• Candidates must be reliable and enthusiastic- Positive attitude is key
• Candidates must be organized and detail oriented
• Current driver’s license
• Ability to climb stairs
• Ability to stand and walk for long hours
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds unassisted
• Ability to work both inside and outside in varying, often cold or wet, weather conditions
Foley Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your resume with a brief introduction letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit for the position.