The Membership Services Ambassador supports Wine Club membership and provides excellent customer services in building relationships and ensuring retention. Promotes the Chappellet brand to all Wine Club members.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Serve as the face of Chappellet by providing exceptional customer service and ensuring all tasting room guests have a wonderful experience from start to finish
• Promote and effectively sell wine and wine club memberships by educating guests about Chappellet and what makes the Chappellet brand unique
• Participates and assists to execute events both on and off site throughout the year.
• Understand POS system functionality
• Knowledgeable about wines, accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
• Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
• Takes the initiative for self-development in the areas of our wines, our brand, general hospitality, and for acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
• Participates in company-sponsored wine educational and development opportunities.
• Maintains knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
• Working with shipping department, facilitating shipping of wine to customers while satisfying all compliance and regulatory requirements of wine shipments.
• Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room.
• Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
• Promote the brand and its products within the local community and key winery organizations.
• Represent Chappellet by attending industry mixers and other hospitality related events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, CMS or WSET certifications a plus
• Experience: Two year’s experience required in wine, beverage or hospitality industry
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Solid knowledge of wine and wine production
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through with projects
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Process oriented with focus on continuous improvement
• Shows commitment to excellence and high work standards
• Flexible and can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to communicate effectively and work well with other employees
• Work independently without Supervision, as well as part of large groups and teams
• Strong Computer skills (POS systems, Microsoft Word and Excel)
• Available to work varied hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Winery and Office environment
• Regular computer work, sitting for long period of time
• Must be able to walk up and down stairs
• May be required to work at any of the Company locations
• Frequent deadline pressures
• Numerous projects in progress at any given time
• Comply with company safety regulations