The Accountant is primarily responsible for the Company’s record keeping activities by completing data entry for financial transactions, creating reports and reconciling accounts to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness. Financial transactions will involve posting information to the accounting software such as sales and purchase orders, customer invoices, cash, and credit card receipts, vendor/supplier invoices and payments, inventory, fixed assets, and general ledger manual entries. The ideal candidate will have a background in general accounting, and experience in the food, beverage or manufacturing industry. This candidate should be detail-oriented and hands-on.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• All billing activities for the Company
o Assist with document retrieval for client audits as requested
• Credit card processing
• A/R entries
• Bank deposits
• Accounts Payable activities including credit card reconciliations
o Invoice approval, posting invoices, check runs
• Respond to client requests and inquiries
• Wholesale and order processing reconciliation
• Payroll Processing
• HR support
o Employee on boarding
o Insurance on boarding
o Other support as needed
• Act as backup for phones
• Maintain office supplies and employee reimbursement program
• Assist production and winemaking with scanning of BOL’s and bottling reports as needed
• Other projects as needed
Requirements and Skills Necessary for the Position:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
• 1-3 years relevant experience for a mid-size company is preferred
• 2 - 3 years accounting experience in the Manufacturing, Wine or Spirits industry preferred
• Knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of Vintrace preferred
• Accuracy and attention to detail are a must
• Strong self-management and organizational skills with the added ability to take initiative, and work under pressure
• Able to work independently, as well as interdepartmentally. Able to work well as a part of a team.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly organized, accurate, detail and multi-task oriented.
• Ability to complete tasks in an accurate manner within established time constraints.
• Good judgment, versatility, flexibility, and enthusiasm.
• Ability to work with constantly changing priorities
• Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 45 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, operate a computer keyboard, calculator, telephone and other office equipment, read, talk and hear for extended periods of time. Must possess vision, hearing and sufficient digital manipulation skills to utilize a computer keyboard and other office equipment. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 45 lbs. Overtime is required at certain times of the year, particularly at year-end and during other critical financial periods.
The Company is a drug-free workplace and an EOE.