Down the road from the Russian River in the southern hills of Mendocino County, Ray's Station expert winemaker crafts powerful yet approachable wines all at their estate winery. Starting with meticulous vineyard management and continuing through harvest and fermentation, wines produced at ‘Ray’s Station’ deliver the highest of quality. Sustainable farming practices ensure that these small-production wines are intense, bold and full of character, much like the region itself.
Ray's Station is currently seeking an Electrical Controls Technician responsible for carrying out all assigned work functions performed in the Bottling Department.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• Proficiency in PLC, HMI and VFD interfacing at major machine centers across multiple bottling lines and plant equipment.
• 5 years of experience working with PLC controls, logic circuits, pneumatic and electrical equipment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate programming changes for PLCs
• Create simple programs for programmable logic controllers; installs and troubleshoots programmable logic controllers.
• Navigate the programs to troubleshoot process upsets
• Lead machinery trouble-shooting; documents repairs made
• Replace or repairs defective parts
• Provide preventative maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting services for barrel processing equipment, bottling line equipment, and filtration equipment
• Provide preventative maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting services for de-stemmers, presses, and crush pits
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as bottling line procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively communicate, read and write in English
• Ability to assist in the diagnosis and adjustment of bottling equipment and processes.
• Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
• Ability to understand and interpret ladder logic manuals.
• High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution plus 5 years of experience working with PLC controls, logic circuits, pneumatic and electrical equipment or 2 year
technical degree in electrical technology plus 3 years of experience working with PLC controls, logic circuits, pneumatic and electrical equipment.
• Required to climb stairs and ladders; required to conduct work at heights.
• Willing and able to work any assigned shift (swing, or graveyard) and weekends and overtime.