We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
The Environment, Health & Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the coordination and execution of health, safety and environmental programs, and ensuring compliance with Company and regulatory requirements.
These responsibilities include implementation and oversight of projects in response to EHS concerns, as well as implementation of environment, health and safety programs.
* Foster and encourage total team commitment for Safety and Environmental considerations and provide feedback to Plant leadership.
* Contribute to routine assessments and efforts to maintain compliance with Federal, State, and local health, safety, environmental regulations.
* Facilitate regular plant Safety meetings, follow up on action plans to ensure completion and audit for effectiveness.
* Facilitate plantwide EHS training program.
* Ensure case management processes are performed accurately, timely, and conduct incident investigations.
* Prepare legal notices, postings, and reports as required by government and regulatory bodies, corporate monthly/annual reporting.
* Provide technical support for the EHS Department.
* Assist in the completion of regulatory reports for EPA, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
* Assist in tracking, reporting, and analyzing Safety & Environmental performance metrics.
* Assist in the management and maintenance of facility EHS action registers.
* Participate in plant environmental and safety committees.
* Be proficient in typing, spelling, punctuation, grammar, general math, oral communication, and general computer skills.
* Exercise good judgement, discretion, accuracy, organizational ability, initiative and strong interpersonal skills.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma and 1 year of experience in an administrative role
* This position requires a strong knowledge of personal computer equipment (proficient in spreadsheet development, word processing, presentation software (such as PowerPoint) and database applications).
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are critical to this role. Reports prepared and documentation maintained by this role are submitted to and/or reviewed by regulatory agencies.
* The incumbent needs to be a self-starter, able to work independently with minimal (or no) supervision. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks is essential.
* Good human relations skills are required, as are excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Tact and diplomacy is required in dealing with the other functions and divisions.
* Individual must be capable of organizing and prioritizing a highly varied work schedule, handling multiple projects simultaneously, be able to work effectively under pressure within limited time constraints, and be willing to work flexible hours, (i.e. some evening and weekend hours are occasionally necessary).
* Must be willing to travel locally (Napa and Sonoma Valleys)
* Must be willing to wear prescribed PPE
* Associate or Bachelors degree desired
* Familiarity with environmental and safety regulations is preferred
* Bilingual in Spanish a plus
* Experience with public speaking preferred
* Preferred industry experience: wine, CPG, agriculture, hospitality or retail
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climate
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
* Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
Operations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).