Duckhorn Wine Company has helped set the standard for American fine wine for four decades. Founded by Dan and Margaret Duckhorn with the launch of Duckhorn Vineyards in 1976, the Duckhorn luxury portfolio has evolved to include Decoy, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Canvasback, Calera, and Kosta Browne. Each winery has its own dedicated winemaker and focused winegrowing program. The portfolio encompasses five distinctive visitor centers, six state-of-the-art winemaking facilities, 300+ enthusiastic employees, and 870 acres of acclaimed estate vineyards from California’s Central Coast to Washington State’s Columbia Valley. Limited quantities of all wines are available direct from the winery, throughout the United States, on five continents, and in over 50 countries. For more information, visit DuckhornWineCompany.com.
SUMMARY: The AR Specialist is a main point of contact with the customer and is responsible for providing world class customer service while managing collection efforts and meeting the cash projection goals. In addition to collection efforts this position processes customer payments, manages orders on hold, and continually reconciles variances on the customer accounts. This position also requires assisting in the daily operations of the AR department, ensure 100% compliance to all ABC regulations, and upholding the integrity and confidentiality of Duckhorn Wine Company’s accounting transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct customer collection efforts by researching customer account records, provide customers with accurate account balances by reconciling any discrepancies. Utilizing all collection resources including aged receivable report, sales managers knowledge of the account, customer credit application, and internet resources to determine the best approach.
• Document all customer communications in company ERP System to ensure team maintains cohesive efforts regarding the customer and for compliance/audit purposes.
• Develop collection methods that lead to achieving or exceeding company financial goals.
• Educate customers regarding operational procedures including the multiple payment methods accepted (wires, payment portal, Fintech, lockbox, credit cards, ACH).
• Manage orders on hold due to a past due balance or exceeding credit limit. Work with the customer to receive payment and stay in compliance with Alcohol and Beverage Regulations.
• Audit, reconcile, and record all incoming payments from multiple sources, lockbox, ACH, wires, and online payment portals including Fintech. Follow up on all payment variances to clear balances by gathering backup, performing research, contacting customers for reimbursement of error, or gathering approval to process credit memos for internal errors.
• Works closely with sales and customer service team to maintain the accuracy of financial reporting.
• Support team by functioning as back up to perform other team member functions, including entering credits and posting invoices.
• Minimum AA or equivalent
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical
• Accounting knowledge, 10-key by touch, intermediate typing skills
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in related duties as assigned
• Proficiency with database software and MS Office Suite
• Effective communication and negotiation skills
• Navision knowledge preferred
• Ability to work in a fast-paced growing environment
Duckhorn Wine Company offers a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with resume and letter of introduction.