Alexander Valley Vineyards is looking for a grape sampler to assist in monitoring maturity in our Northern Sonoma vineyards this harvest, starting mid-August and lasting through November. We are looking for a motivated team member who is eager to expand on their knowledge and experience related to grape growing & maturity scouting in a positive & fun working environment.
• Assess maturity and vine development and record field observations
• Collect maturity samples
• Manage personal sampling schedule and coordinate daily route to ensure timely results
• Assist lab in processing juice samples for analysis and tasting
• Work closely with Winemaking team
• Assist with compiling and filing seasonal viticulture notes, maintaining vineyard data reports
• Viticulture coursework or previous harvest experience
• Hard working, ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to clearly and accurately document information
• Ability to work long hours, possible weekends during peak periods
• Extensive walking and ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Exposure to outside elements and physical work (lifting, bending, climbing, squatting)
• Valid CA driver’s license and clean DMV report required