Groth Vineyards & Winery is a family-owned company with deep roots in the Oakville AVA, home to Napa Valley’s largest concentration of top Cabernet Sauvignon producers.
In 1981, Dennis and Judy Groth bought a vineyard on Oakville Cross Road, in the heart of Napa Valley, with hopes it would produce wines as special as their favorites from the region. Their intuition was proven right when Robert Parker of the Wine Advocate gave the Groth 1985 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon the distinction of becoming California’s first 100-point wine.
Today, Groth sustainably farms 165 acres of estate vineyards and still strives to produce the highest-quality wines we can each vintage. We are seeking a passionate wine lover who shares our high standards for customer service to join our Hospitality team.
A Hospitality employee at Groth Vineyards & Winery enjoys working as part of a team, has exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, relates warmly with customers and co-workers, maintains a sense of humor and remains composed in any work environment. The Wine Educator is responsible for enthusiastically delivering the Groth story, conveying our passion and providing a memorable guest experience for all visitors in the tasting room, through our virtual tastings and at all consumer touch points.
• Greet, welcome and share our story with tasting room guests.
• Set-up, execute, break-down and clean up physical and virtual tastings.
• Conduct small group tours of the winery facility.
• Conduct virtual tastings with consumers and members of the trade via Zoom.
• Provide prompt and courteous responses to consumer inquiries via phone, email and chat, and occasionally conduct consumer outreach by phone.
• Describe wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; answer visitor’s questions professionally and accurately.
• Build long-term guest relations and grow Wine Club memberships and our mailing list.
• Efficiently handle DTC purchasing transactions.
• Be able to consistently and accurately perform opening and closing Point of Sale procedures and daily inventory.
• Book guest reservations and provide general tourist information in person, through email and over the phone.
• Keep the tasting room orderly, tidy and inviting.
• Restock wines.
• Print and stock tasting room materials.
• Be present at hospitality special events, as required. This may include modified hours.
• Represent the winery at outside functions, as required.
• Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
• Knowledge of and enthusiasm for wine.
• Excellent hospitality and customer service skills in person, by phone, email & virtual tastings.
• Flexible and positive attitude with changing roles and job responsibilities.
• Sales driven.
• Strong computer skills and competency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
• Comfort with technology, including video conferencing and social media platforms.
• Energetic multi-tasker who can think quickly on their feet.
• Detail oriented.
• Professional appearance and upbeat demeanor.
• Working knowledge of Wine Direct a plus.
• 2+ years of experience in a customer service setting.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Acts to the Groth values; strong code of ethics and high level of integrity.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds repeatedly.
• Must have a valid CA driver’s license.
• Must be able to work weekends, as well as occasional holidays and evenings.
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• Prior experience in the wine or restaurant industries a plus.
• College degree or equivalent preferred.
Competitive sales incentive program. Hourly pay dependent on experience.
To be considered, a cover letter and your resume must be submitted.