Joseph Phelps Vineyards is a family-owned, luxury winery located in St. Helena, California. Our vision is to build and inspire to be the best we can be. We strive for excellence while growing our business and people; remaining respectful to our history, legacy, land and each other. We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our Wine Education team.
The Wine Educator position is an ambassador for the brand and as such will require expertise with Joseph Phelps Vineyards’ portfolio of wines, the long history of the winery and the Phelps family. This position will focus on delivering exceptional wine experiences through seated educational tastings, exclusive outdoor terrace tastings and special events.
Qualified candidates must be able to work respectfully within a diverse team, work weekends, have at least two years of wine tasting room experience, excellent customer service skills and the ability to work eight hours on their feet.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Hosting a diverse range of guests and Phelps Preferred wine club members in outdoor terrace tastings.
• Conducting themed exceptional wine experiences, such as Insignia Blending.
• Performing sales transactions using AMS software.
• Reconciliation of cash, which includes opening and closing procedures.
• All operational activities associated with running a retail wine business.
Top applicants will possess qualities that align with our company values:
• Provide exceptional service to guests of diverse backgrounds, knowledge, and interests, and.
• Basic wine knowledge, with a willingness to learn.
• Effective communication skills.
• Positive attitude and enthusiasm towards job, guests, and co-workers.
* Formal wine education and/or the ability to speak other languages are huge pluses*
Our current team consists of highly trained professional staff and we are seeking the same quality individuals.