Dry Creek Vineyard is currently seeking a dynamic, tech savvy, highly detail-oriented and organized individual to join our marketing team as the Marketing and Communications Specialist. Reporting to and collaborating with the Director of Marketing & Communications, this role will be focused on the tactical execution of marketing plans to target trade, media and consumer audiences. This individual will coordinate the development and production of a variety of projects, including public relations, direct to consumer support, national sales support, social media strategy, merchandising, as well as fundamental administrative functions.
The ideal candidate will be extremely meticulous with very strong project management and organizational skills. They will be a team player, collaborative in nature, a problem solver, and happiest when juggling a wide variety of projects. This individual will also be a creative, “out of the box” thinker, and possess excellent writing, editing and digital production skills.
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Communications in developing creative marketing initiatives to drive brand awareness, exposure and relevancy.
- Write copy and produce content for wine club newsletters, digital marketing campaigns, social media, tasting notes, etc.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of collateral and samples for the media. Monitor and audit media engagement, and coordinate advertising opportunities.
- Research potential new media outlets, writers and social media influencers and identify potential story pitches.
- Monitor, analyze and interpret market data to identify trends and opportunities for marketing and sales initiatives, including consumer surveys and retail scan data.
- Coordinate marketing activities including partnerships, social media campaigns and grassroots outreach.
- Execute and adhere to brand guidelines and act as brand advocate to ensure that brand standards and the “brand voice” are met in design, communications, content, etc.
- Collaborate on development of creative sales incentives, promotions and strategies for wholesale and direct to consumer sales channels.
- Collaborate on development of sales education tools, POS materials, and other related assets utilizing PowerPoint and Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop) programs.
- Coordinate merchandise, display and educational items for wholesale sales. Includes sourcing materials, coordinating design, directing delivery, managing inventory and shipping.
- Coordinate submissions for national and international wine competitions.
- Photograph and/or participate in winery events, some on evenings and weekends.
- May on occasion represent the winery by pouring wine at consumer and trade events, or on sales calls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field with five years of experience in marketing, DTC, brand management or equivalent education/experience combination.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with experience in public speaking.
- Excellent proofing and editing skills, with an eye for detail.
- Proven project management experience and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously on tight deadlines.
- Strong visual communicator with a sharp sense of design.
- Ability to follow strict brand and industry guidelines.
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable.
- Strong initiative and proactivity, someone who goes the “extra mile.”
- Resourceful problem solver.
- Very strong computer skills in Word, Excel and Powerpoint, and the ability to learn software programs with ease.
- Strong experience in Adobe Creative Suite preferred (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Premiere Pro).
- Experience with graphic design, photography and/or video production preferred.
- Experience with social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of wines and wine production preferred.
- Wine industry background strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of coding HTML a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 45-50 pounds.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings as required.
- Must be over 21 years of age.
Established in 1972, Dry Creek Vineyard is Dry Creek Valley’s flagship winery located in the heart of Sonoma County, California. As the region’s first new winery following Prohibition, founder David Stare paved the way for a viticultural rebirth in this vibrant winegrowing appellation. Among other industry benchmarks, Dry Creek Vineyard is recognized as the first winery to plant Sauvignon Blanc in the Dry Creek Valley. A pioneer of Bordeaux-style blending, the winery was also the first to use the term Meritage with the 1985 vintage and the first to coin the term “Old Vine” to describe pre-Prohibition era Zinfandel vineyards. This premier, family-owned winery is celebrating 48 years of winemaking and is led by the second generation. Dave’s daughter, Kim Stare Wallace, serves as President overseeing a successful family winemaking and grape growing business that includes 185 acres of sustainably farmed vineyards. Named one of the Top 100 wineries by Wine & Spirits Magazine and a Top 10 Tasting Room by USA
TODAY, the winery is also 100% Certified Sustainable. Dry Creek Vineyard proudly produces delicious Dry Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Meritage blends, as well as a portfolio of single vineyard selections.