Spirit Works Distillery
Position Title: Bookkeeper/Office Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Pay: $22 - $27 an hour D.O.E.
Spirit Works Distillery is a small craft distillery located in Sebastopol, California. The distillery is a highly respected and award-winning craft spirits producer which house-ferments, distills, and bottles handmade craft spirits onsite. The production team is lead by one of the few female distilling teams in the U.S.
Basic Function: Our goal is to find the perfect candidate to take over our bookkeeping activities and some of the administrative and office managerial roles of the company. While these will be the primary roles of this position, Spirit Works Distillery is a small company and we often wear many hats.
Qualifiers: Must be at least 21 years of age. We hope that you bring an enthusiasm for distilling/fermentation or the craft spirits industry, but don’t necessarily have dreams of becoming our head distiller. We are a lively bunch who are passionate about what we do and are looking for someone to join our team. Our ideal candidate is focused, organized, accountable, calm, motivated, assertive, proficient with numbers while also being personable with a great sense of humor. You should ideally have some bookkeeping experience, be uncompromising in details and love small, cute dogs.
- Manage accounts payable/receivable
- Track and process invoices and Pos
- Process payroll
- Reconcile accounts
- Provide administrative support to owners as needed
- Coordinate, inventory, and supply office supplies, marketing materials, and other distillery assets (signs, events kits, etc)
- Manage facility maintenance, including HVAC system, IT, security, janitorial, and landlord facilities
- Maintain all appropriate insurance policies
- Provide some administration assistance in HR
- Maintain all appropriate licenses and permits
- Maintain OSHA reporting
- Manage distillery Covid-19 response plan
- Identify any inefficient systems and propose solutions
- Keep shared fridge/snacks are stocked appropriately
- Various research projects and quote gathering
- Occasional marketing support (social media, newsletters etc)
Must have qualifications:
- Must have 1-3 combined years of experience with bookkeeping and/or office management
- Functional knowledge of QuickbooksOnline
- Ability to learn other software fast
- Strong skills in self-management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Works best in a team atmosphere
- Efficient with time
- Clean and current driver’s license (and are over 21)
It would be great if you are:
- Passionate about cleanliness
- Able to stop time (we’ll take time travel too)
- We are pretty good at training so, if you don’t have all the experience we need but do think you would be a good fit with us – reach out!