VICE PRESIDENT of SALES & MARKETING
Doubleback, an award winning, sustainably certified and estate focused Cabernet Sauvignon producer in the Walla Walla Valley of Washington State – is seeking to hire a Vice President of Sales and Marketing (VP S&M) to collaborate with our CEO in executing our next phase vision and business growth strategy. The opportunity to lead this next evolution in growth and profitability at the winery is an exciting one and this role will directly influence the future course for our business with emphasis on developing and implementing key marketing, sales, operational and production strategies directed at growing revenues and profitability.
Founded in 2007 by former NFL Quarterback Drew Bledsoe and his Wife Maura, Doubleback has four estate vineyards in the Walla Walla Valley and three wine brands: Doubleback, Bledsoe Family and Bledsoe-McDaniels Winery – our soon-to-be-launched collaboration between Winemaker, Josh McDaniels and Drew Bledsoe, and first venture into Willamette Valley, Oregon State. All three brands have essential reasons for being. Deeply rooted in our core purpose and values, we are committed to creating a great company culture and memorable experiences for our customers through our tasting rooms in Walla Walla, Washington and Bend, Oregon.
VP S&M: THE OPPORTUNITY
The business is embarking on a new phase of growth. We will be driving increased profitability, building operational capacity, and expanding routes to market for a family of brands, with emphasis on direct to consumer sales channels. This next phase will require focus, creativity and market-focused visionary leadership combined with marketing, sales management and operational expertise. The VP S&M will collaborate with the CEO and management team - to chart the future course for the winery. This individual will play a key role in evolving the comprehensive strategic review and planning currently in process. The VP S&M will be directly involved in building and implementing the financial, operational, sales and marketing programs necessary to meet the short-term and long- term goals established through this strategic planning process. Essential assets for the position include strategic skills, financial and business acumen, managerial courage; substantial wine sales and marketing track record, building effective teams, and a proven experience successfully leading teams through substantial change.
Officing out of Walla Walla, WA, the VP S&M will report directly to CEO, and directly manage distributed sales and marketing teams. In collaboration with the CEO, the VP S&M will develop and implement key sales and marketing strategies directed at growing revenues and profitability. Key strategic imperatives of this function include:
• Provide strategic brand leadership for the organization, developing and enhancing brand perception, equity and integrity at all times;
• Curate a consistent, distinct and memorable brand experience across all consumer touchpoints, products & services;
• Drive product portfolio strategy rationalization with a focus on building relevancy for the future and continued contribution to the bottom line;
• Provide strategic marketing leadership to connect the business with customers, consumers and the marketplace across multiple sales channels, geographies, brands and product lines;
• Build long term relationships and loyal brand ambassadors with targeted customers and consumers;
• Drive timely and profitable sales across all branded sales channels.
VP S&M: ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Strategic Team Leadership: Provide leadership to the marketing and sales organization: nurture company core values and vision.
2. Brand Leadership, Development & Management: Assist in the development of our strategic positioning framework, including brand architecture and strategy, market and competitive analysis, customer segmentation.
3. Strategic Marketing Leadership & Management: Design, implement, and facilitate annual and long-range strategic marketing plans; understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable marketing mix strategies across all sales and digital channels (product, pricing, promotion, packaging).
4. Customer Relationship Management: Understand the changing needs, expectations and emotions of customers, working with internal teams to ensure the greatest possible customer experience is maintained, aligned with brand promise.
5. Direct-to-Consumer Sales and Marketing: Provide marketing and sales leadership, oversight and accountability for all results: onsite retail/digital/outbound phone/ecommerce/DTC programs.
6. Distributor Sales and Marketing. Provide marketing and sales leadership, oversight and accountability for all results: distributor, account and channel-specific programs.
7. Creative Services: Manage creative services, ensuring consistency in brand representation and messaging across all digital and print collateral needs.
Near Term (12 month) Priorities.
1. Meet or exceed key company 2020 sales and margin goals: FOB and DTC.
2. Collaborate with CEO to strengthen the team and performance culture.
3. Complete strategic planning process to achieve strategic growth goals and sustained competitive advantage.
4. Drive digital relaunch and new brand launch campaigns.
5. Drive next generation brand equity: execute brand positioning strategy and plans that strengthen messaging and supports price growth and ROI goals across all brands.
A full Job Description will be provided upon application process.