This position performs all standard crush activities, including receiving and crushing grapes, and presses. Responsibilities may also include, racking, filtering, clarifying and blending of juice and wine, sanitation in all areas of cellar operation, cleaning and sterilizing tanks and other equipment. Overtime is required as needed to meet operational needs.
• General cleaning and sanitation of winery & equipment.
• Operate fruit receiving and processing equipment.
• Transfers and racking of juice from tank to tank.
• Accurately complete work orders and other tracking documentation.
• Follows standard operating procedures in the performance of all cellar activities to ensure maximum productivity and wine quality objectives are achieved.
• Adheres to all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to timely and accurate reporting of all work related injuries and illnesses to the supervisor, promoting safety awareness to co-workers, advising the supervisor of any unsafe acts and conditions, wearing required personal protective equipment and following confined space protocol where necessary.
• Other duties as needed.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
• Experience with at least one harvest.
• Perform basic math calculations to complete written work orders.
• Accurately measure, prepare and make additions to juice, must, & wine.
• Ability to recognize and report off aromas in tanks.
• Forklift Operation.
• Operation of mechanical mixers.
• Wine certification is desirable but not required.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
• Working conditions in certain areas of the winery can be cold/hot, wet, slipper and noisy.
• Flexible hours, weekends and long hours will be required during grape harvest.
• Handling hazardous materials and frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and
ladders, dragging wine hoses and bending are required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the key responsibilities/essential functions.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.