Obvious Wines is a #snobfree wine collection consisting of high quality, estate-grown, sustainably farmed and eco-friendly wines from California, France, and Chile. All pretentiousness aside, our goal is to make choosing wine more approachable, engaging, and obvious to diners, shoppers, and servers across the U.S.
This starts with our simple and straightforward labels that provide relevant information on each wine’s provenance, perfect pairings, tasting notes, and our commitment to environmentally-friendly production. Having recently expanded into Florida, we’re now looking for a passionate, motivated wine professional to represent Obvious Wines in South Florida.
The Sales Associate role is a multifaceted position that requires:
- A background in wine/beer/liquor sales to On and Off-premise channels
- The ability to analyze sales data, generate reports, and react creatively
- Supplier experience managing chains and distributors, and/or team management is a distinct advantage
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- A passionate understanding of wine and the local dining scene with demonstrable network of buyer relationships
- Ideally currently working in a distributor role or supplier role
- Willingness to travel, work/host trade events, and work some weekends
- Must live in Miami area.
Miami (60%) / Fort Lauderdale (20%) / Palm Beach (20%)
- 80% Field / 20% Admin
- 40% On-Prem / 30% Off-Prem / 30% Chain (Total Wine & More)
- 30% Distributor Management / 30% Solo New Business Development / 20% Key Account Management
20% Brand Building
Distributor Management & Collaborative New Business Development
- Design monthly/quarterly/annual sales plans.
- Track KPIs weekly / report monthly (cases sold / accts sold / reps sold / samples pulled etc)
- Schedule & conduct regular market work with Sales Reps.
- Schedule & conduct regular presentations with sales teams and key management figures.
- Design seasonal promotions, team incentives, and creative revenue-boosting strategies.
- Forecast stock needs, manage PO’s, and oversee shipping.
Solo New Business Development
- Identify new leads and accounts to pursue independently of Distributor introductions.
- Develop independent sales plan to be executed in the General Market & Chains
- Establish direct relationships with buyers, close new accounts and increase PODs.
Key Acct Management
- Identify Key Accts (regional chains, large volume independent on/off, and strategic independent on/off).
- Establish and maintain close relationship with buyers
- Conduct staff training
- Design effective staff incentives
- Create regular promotions and discount plans where appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to increase footprint and brand relevance (Events, displays, menu features, new PODsetc)
- Develop, organize, and execute local and regional strategies to increase brand exposure to consumers.
- Work with marketing manager to identify local brand-aligned companies for partnership opportunities
- Conduct restaurant events, corporate tastings, wine festivals, brand dinners, media features
- Establish relationships with non-trade businesses and secure in-house sales and brand loyalty.
- Please submit your resume and opening letter including why you would be a great fit for Obvious Wines.
Base Salary + commissions + incentives