Hudson Ranch, established in Carneros in 1981 as a premium wine grape farming company, recently expanded operations to include a state of the art winery and hospitality facility. The guest experience is wine-driven and built upon the Hudson family’s gracious hospitality and strong sense of place.
As the first point of contact for most guests, the employee establishes a hospitable rapport and welcoming tone. This position requires strong attention to detail in interpersonal communications and with external and internal customers.
The ideal candidate will posses an outgoing, fun and welcoming personality as well as be mature and worldly to relate to guests who have experienced premium international hospitality. A passion for wine, farming, food, hospitality and the enjoyment of wine culture is critical for the candidate to thrive at Hudson. Candidates must live in Napa or Sonoma and have a minimum of three years of experience to be considered.
The responsibilities and duties of the position include however are not limited to those listed below.
Skills, Responsibilities and Essential Duties
• Work with team to build outreach efforts and referral partnerships with comparable resorts, wineries and other sources.
• Engage strong business development skills to build lasting relationships with referral partners. This may include regional travel through the greater Bay Area for onsite visits.
• Implement and improve existing sales techniques and continually grow and improve selling skills.
• Provide high quality customer interactions via phone, email and in person.
• Manage tasting room schedules and greet most guests upon arrival.
• Operate as winery receptionist for both phone and in person interactions.
• Act as guest concierge while on site as well as guiding and assisting them with their plans while visiting.
• Quickly acquire a thorough understanding of the Hudson wines, olive oil and ranch story to effectively communicate and sell to customers.
• Host the majority of onsite tastings.
• Support DTC and wholesale sales managers with tracking, recordkeeping and project-based tasks.
• Pack wine orders.
Events and Hospitality
• Provide occasional support for onsite events, including but not limited to set up, take down, pouring wines, greeting guests and assisting as needed.
• Must live locally within a short distance to the winery, relocation packages not available.
• Must have minimum of 3 years prior experience in comparable high-end hospitality and sales.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Must be generally technology savvy and adept in Microsoft Excel and Word, experience with Wine Direct a plus.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Satisfactory reference check.
• Pay: $20 - 25/hour
• Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday, typically 9am – 5:30 pm unless otherwise noted. Occasional overtime and evenings required.
• Part- Time applicants welcome.
• On-site position only, remote work not available.