Since our start in 1996, Joel Gott Wines has selected the best fruit from growing regions in California which we blend to create more balanced, clean, complex and elegant wines. We are hiring for a seasonal viticulture intern to assist in monitoring our vineyards in the North Coast starting early Summer. We are looking for a motivated team member who is eager to expand on their knowledge and experience related to winegrowing & grower relations in a positive & fun working environment.
This position is based in St. Helena and will include a territory stretching from Sonoma, Napa, and Lake counties with the occasional trip to Lodi.
• Assess maturity and vine development and record field observations
• Collect maturity samples
• Record viticulture notes and analysis
• Collect and report cluster weights and crop estimates
• Scout for pests and diseases
• Manage daily schedule and route
• Assist in vineyard experiments and data collection
• Assist the lab team in processing samples and relaying analysis to the winemaking team
• Help maintain vineyard data reports
• Work closely with Grower Relations Representatives
• Viticulture coursework and previous harvest/vineyard experience
• Hard working, ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to work independently, often long hours and some weekends
• Extensive walking and ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Exposure to outside elements and physical work (lifting, bending, climbing, squatting)
• Extensive driving. Valid CA driver’s license and clean DMV report required
Please submit cover letter and resume via email, or apply on our parent company's website: