Bell Springs Winery is looking for a hard-working, detail oriented person to be part of our 2020 harvest crew. Located 30 minutes outside of Austin, we are at the gateway to the Hill Country and source our grapes from within Texas.
The ideal candidate will work alongside the winemaker being exposed to all aspects of making wine-from the crushpad to the lab. The position will commence mid-July and run to about mid October.
The Primary Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Punch downs, pumpovers, monitoring fermentations
- Barrel work
- Racking, topping, transferring juices and wines from tanks/barrels
- Accurately recording data
- Some basic lab work such as Brix, pH, and TA measurements
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must have a valid US driver’s license and you own transportation
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Physically able to climb ladders and remain on feet for hours at a time in hot temperatures
- Follow safety protocols and standard operating procedures
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Forklift skills and prior training are a plus but not required
- Work extended hours on limited notice during the height of crush
- Ability to work independently as well as with a group and remain flexible
- Willing to work long hours (6-7 days a week, 12 or more hours per day)
- Have a desire to make excellent wine and have fun working hard
Prior cellar experience is a plus but not required.
This will be an hourly paid position varying from full to part time depending on workload with competitive pay for the right candidate.
Please submit a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and accompanying resume if you feel this is an opportunity for you.