At Levo, we’re a small winery focused on sourcing high-quality fruit and crafting expressive, premium wines on the Central Coast of California. We’re located in Tin City, in Paso Robles. We work with a variety of different growing regions in Santa Barbara County and westside Paso Robles focusing on Rhone varietals. We run a small, tight-knit crew with a passion for creating unique, quality wines. We’re seeking an intern that is eager to learn and work hard with a great attitude and sense of humor. We cook harvest lunches every day so the ideal intern would also be prepared to cook lunch once a week.
The internship will run from early September to early November, depending on harvest needs.
The duties for the role include (but are not limited to):
• Cleaning and sanitizing cellar & winery equipment
• Fruit sampling, pulling juice samples for analysis
• Sorting and processing fruit
• Preparing solutions
• Making additions to juice or wine
• Pump operation
• Daily pumpovers & punchdowns
• Monitoring fermentations
• Draining, digging & pressing tanks
Ideal candidates must also have:
• A positive attitude, attention to detail, strong work ethic & sense of humor
• Previous harvest experience a plus but not required
• Ability to work long hours & weekends if necessary
• Able to lift weights up to 50lbs
• Provide own housing, transportation and be able to legally work in the United States.
• Strong communication and organization skills.
Levo is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We celebrate and support diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Employment term: early Sept – early Nov (depending)