We are seeking a self-motivated, energetic wine enthusiast, with strong customer service and sales skills who has an outgoing and gracious personality to join our team. The position reports directly to the Tasting Room Manager and is expected to coordinate and contribute as a member of the tasting room sales team. This team is responsible for defining, implementing and executing the ultimate in service, hospitality and memorable experiences for the direct-to-consumer focus. The team’s goal is to create an environment of warmth, belonging and personal attachment for the customer that leads to customer intimacy, loyalty and recurring sales and club memberships.
Major Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• The goal of this candidate is to execute unique, distinctive wine country experiences where gracious, attentive and thoughtful service leads to increased sales
• Connect and engage with guests from all walks of life from the moment they walk in the door
• Communicate actively with other departments to maintain a positive, productive working environment
• Assist in hiring, training, and on boarding of new Hospitality Sales Associates
• Assists with physical inventory of wine in the tasting room; oversees inventory management
• Ensure tasting room and inventory areas are clean, neat, and stocked at all times; ensure that displays of wine in tasting room are attractive and maintained
• Work periodic public and private events at or away from the winery. These events may require working later in the evening
• Implement and maintain high visual standards to ensure a pleasant environment
• Demonstrate behavior consistent with established standards
• Work with other team members in delivering the finest level of service to create a legendary reputation for warmth and hospitality, leading to positive customer interactions ultimately maximizing sales, meeting sales and club membership goals, and maintaining high customer service standards.
The successful candidate must have the following traits: charisma, passion for connecting with guests, drive for excellence, creativity, adaptability, attention to detail, a desire for
perfection and be both a self-starter and a team player. Candidate must have the desire to deliver the ultimate in customer satisfaction.
• Minimum 3 years hospitality & retail management experience, including recent experience in winery hospitality or restaurant/dining room management
• Possess problem solving skills and the ability to calm problematic situations
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision, hands on management style
• Ability to communicate with guests in a confident, knowledgeable, warm and friendly manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer aptitude with experience with Word, Excel and Wine Direct
• Strong knowledge and passion for fine wines and wine making
• Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record
• Demonstrated ability to sell wine
• Weekends required.
• Ability to stand on your feet for long periods of time, work outside all year long, and lift over 45 lbs
• Must be 21 years of age.
Competitive base salary, Comprehensive Benefits Package, Numerous daily/monthly incentive compensation programs.