Bartholomew Estate Winery is hiring for our Retail Sales and Hospitality team! Located inside Bartholomew Park in Sonoma, CA, BEW welcomes guests to enjoy outdoor seated tastings of our Estate organically grown wines. The part-time Sales & Hospitality role will be based in our outdoor Oak Knoll tasting grounds, where we host all seated tastings along with tour and tastings.
• Host educational wine tastings and tours for guests in our Oak Knoll tasting grounds.
• Provide exceptional customer service to all visitors.
• Process sales of tastings and wine in an outdoor environment.
• Maintain standards property wide, ensuring all spaces are guest ready.
• Responsible for maintaining established Tasting Room operational policies and procedures including register transactions and transfers.
• Maintain accurate customer information in POS, manage online reservations, end of day reports and cash handling, accurate shipping and wine club entry, regular correspondence with customers, proper entry of all wine sold/moved in POS.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU IF YOU ARE:
• A great communicator.
• Friendly, helpful and a natural ‘team player’, eager, to deliver an incredible customer experience.
• Someone who always prioritizes the guest and is driven to provide the highest level of customer service.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and willing to seize all opportunities to stay productive during slower times.
• A multi-tasker, able to successfully host multiple groups while processing sales.
• Very detail oriented.
• Self-motivated with a “can-do” attitude.
• Eager to learn as much as about the mission, history and operations of this unique winery, located within a historical park.
• Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Must be comfortable working outside in all kinds of weather, on uneven ground, and comfortable being on your feet for 8 hrs. a day.
• Must have the desire to learn more about the company, the business, the history & the place!
• Great communication skills with a strong emphasis on customer service and team play.
• Weekends and holidays are a must. Schedule is Fri-Sun with the occasional Monday of holiday weekend.
Please submit resume and cover letter. Please include in your cover letter a description of what exceptional hospitality looks like to you.
Hourly Rate: $18/hr
Seasonal Full-time with opportunity to grow into a regular position
Schedule: Thur-Mon, weekends and holidays are a must. Schedule Flexibility a plus!