ESSENTIAL PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Assistant/Associate Winemaker and Winemaker, assist in the production of turning grapes into wine.
• Embrace HAP (Honest, Approachable, Passionate) and help develop HAP culture with coworkers
• Complete the jobs requested by Winemakers in a timely, safe, and professional manner
• Assist in execution of all winery operations with help from Cellar Master and Cellar Workers
• Required to perform various work assignments to including but not limited to:
o Racking and blending of wine
o Topping barrels monthly, additions to barrels as needed
o General winery cleaning and sanitation
o Filtration of wine prior to bottling
• Responsible for sanitation in all areas of cellar operations
o Sterilizes hoses, fittings, tanks, and other equipment related to the production of wine making
• During Harvest:
o Operate Crush line
o Press operation, pressing both red and white varietals.
o Obtain lab samples
o Weigh and off load trucks with fruit
o Monitoring fermentation (checking Brix and Temps)
o Yeast and nutrient additions
o Assist with sampling vineyards to determine ripeness
o Assist in general wine chemistry (Brix, TA, pH, Residual Sugar, VA, Malic Acid)
o Supervising and training temporary employees during harvest.
• Assists on bottling line
o Work the bottling line 4-6 times a year, filling and labeling large format bottles, and packing large formats into wood boxes.
• Performs Friday clean-up which includes:
o Insure all tank doors are closed with vents & lids down
o Sweeping and hosing down caves if necessary
o Insure all drains are cleaned
o Check for leaking barrels and missing bungs on barrels
• Operate and maintain equipment such as pumps and crush equipment
• Forklift operations with barrels and case goods
• Follow and observe all safety guidelines for cellar operations
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned