CADE Estate Winery Harvest Intern Position- Come join the team!
CADE Estate is dedicated to crafting stunning estate grown Howell Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon and Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc. Located at 1800 feet above sea level in the Howell Mountain AVA, you will have an opportunity to work with some of the most unique and high quality fruit this mountainous terroir has to offer. We are looking for a few enthusiastic team players who want to help craft these high-end luxury wines. This is a great opportunity to gain hands on experience with all facets of harvest activity and work with some of the best wines in the Napa Valley.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operating crush equipment during harvest
• Press operation, pressing both red and white varietals
• Monitoring fermentation (checking Brix and temps)
• Pump-overs/punch downs
• Yeast and nutrient additions
• Racking, blending, topping, and any general cellar work
• Cleaning and sanitizing all equipment and work areas
• Barrel work including filling/emptying, stacking/unstacking, cleaning and maintenance
• Assist with sampling vineyards to determine ripeness
• Assist in general wine chemistry (Brix, TA, pH, Residual Sugar, VA, Malic Acid)
High School Diploma required
Prior cellar experience preferred
B.S. in Enology or Viticulture preferred (or on way to obtaining one)
The ideal candidate must have a passion and dedication for making premium wine. This position involves working in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment, while having a strong ability to crawl, kneel, and climb for many hours. The candidate must also be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly throughout the day. We are looking for a team player who will maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations, who works hard and is self-motivated, and is a lover of all things wine. The position is from August to November. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license.