Schug Carneros Estate Winery has a temporary Harvest Intern position available for the period approx. mid-July 2020 – October/ November 2020, with the possibility to turn into a full- time position.
Schug Carneros Estate is a privately owned winery established in 1980 and has been dedicated to producing wines of the highest quality in the European style. This is a great opportunity to work closely with the winemaking and cellar staff and getting hands-on experience in all aspects of a winery operation.
• Reception and processing of grapes.
• Cleaning and sanitizing tanks and winery equipment.
• Performing yeast inoculation and additions.
• Performing punch-downs and pump-overs.
• Monitoring fermentations.
• Transferring and racking of juice from tank to tank and tank to barrel.
• Barrel work with finished wines and incoming juice, including stacking.
• Assist in Maintenance of cellar equipment in good working order.
• Completely fill out written wine records.
• Understand and adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
• Perform basic math calculations to complete written work orders.
• Previous experience in a winery is a plus but not required.
• Forklift experience is a plus.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• A passion for Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and desire to work for a family owned and operated winery.
• A 'team player' with a positive attitude, attention to detail and willing to fill any roles asked.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Ability to work long hours (10 hour shifts 6 days per week) as needed dependent upon production needs.
• Ability to lift weights over 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Provide own housing and transportation.