Responsible for drawing conclusions and making recommendations to management on an appropriate course of action by analyzing sales data, census data, competitive information, marketing data, pricing figures, industry data and trends and any other applicable sources of information. Analyses may include sales forecasting, opportunity identification and evaluation of program performance. Role also entails supporting future projects by researching what competitors are doing, analyzing local needs of the business, and data mining information that will be necessary for best outcome of the project. Responsible for maintenance, accuracy, and user support of systems including inventory and digital platforms such as websites.
The Wine and Spirits Business Analyst will act as a consultant on an individual basis to each of the independently owned and operated Stew Leonard’s Wine and Spirits stores.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
• Works with management and owners as requested to identify and suggest opportunities for business growth; done so through analyzing store’s past trends in sales, and inventory. Attends and contributes to meetings as appropriate by providing any commentary on analyses or pulling relevant data during the meeting as necessary.
• Records and distributes management and owners meeting notes for agreed upon items to the appropriate company representatives.
• Assists with training management on new procedures and practices as agreed upon by owners.
• Evaluates the potential impact of pricing modifications or prospective programming elements by reviewing pertinent sales data, research and comparable examples to forecast sales.
• Uncovers market and brand opportunities by developing an understanding of category, customer and market dynamics and using this knowledge to assess brand performance.
• Measures risk to sales plan (gap analysis) by comparing the plan to historical sales data, current trend information and marketplace developments; reports potential shortfalls to management.
• Develops sales templates; collaborates with Operations Consultant and Director of Wine Business to identify business needs and designs appropriate replicable reports.
• Package data for sales materials by working with Owners, Operations Consultant and Director of Wine to ascertain needed information and converting data into concise facts and visuals that can be easily incorporated into sell sheets, concept sells or presentations.
• Uncovers drivers for important changes in sales performance by reviewing appropriate competitive and internal data.
• Measures ROI on selected programming/ sales/ marketing efforts as requested by owners by working with Operations Consultant and Director of Wine to determine evaluation criteria.
• Develops business review content as requested by owners by working with Operations Consultant and Director of Wine to analyze sales performance, develop business case and incorporate data into templates.
• Maintains customer and owner confidence by keeping appropriate information confidential.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Maintains accurate and up to date data in all systems required to perform the essential functions of the analyst job including inventory systems and website maintenance.
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s degree required and/or equivalent training and work experience
• Driver’s License or Reliable means of transportation to visit locations as requested by Owners
• 5 years Financial, sales, marketing or business analysis experience; consumer packaged goods or data provider background a plus.
• Wine and Spirits, Beer Industry experience a plus.
• Super-user in Excel and strong knowledge of Power Point.
• Must be comfortable and savvy with technology
• Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills using diplomacy and discretion as well as strong customer service skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly exposed normal business office environment. The ability to share workspace, travel by car or train or other reliable source of transportation, dress in proper business attire – including while on virtual or Zoom meetings, and meet deadlines are all requirements of this position.
Regular Schedule will be Monday through Friday 8a-5p, must be available and accessible on weekends as needed, and around busy holidays to meet business needs.