Position Title: Vineyard Equipment Mechanic
Vineyard Equipment Mechanic works with Senior Mechanic in the mechanical and maintenance duties relating to vineyard operations and may include assistance in ranch equipment maintenance and repairs when applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs preventative maintenance, inspects, adjusts, diagnoses and repair of mechanical defects of vineyard equipment such as: agricultural tractors, vehicles, ATVs, small engines, mowers, fueling and lubing of related equipment,.
• Performs general overhaul of motors, repairs transmissions, differentials, carburetors, distributors, fuel pumps, steering system, starters, generators, universal joints, hydraulic systems, and high-pressure pumps and valves.
• Installs and adjusts brakes, batteries, tires and wiring.
• Assist in the maintenance of all ranch equipment, including but not limited to pickups, trucks, farm equipment, and earth moving equipment.
• Assist in all areas of Ranch Operations as needed including vineyard and ranch equipment and maintenance repair, landscaping, ground and road maintenance, irrigation repairs, plumbing repairs and concrete work.
• Maintain logs and purchase orders of supplies, stock inventory and repair parts.
• Maintain and secure work tools.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanics and maintenance. Must be able to work both independently and with others with minimal supervision. Possess aptitude or desire to learn a variety of equipment operations and repairs. Ability to follow applicable safety rules and regulations. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
Must be physically able to perform the tasks mentioned above which would include: Standing, walking, sitting, lifting up to 50 lbs, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling.
This job is primarily indoors and outdoors, and does require working in mud, dirt, water, and other weather and environments that are inherent in jobs that involve working in ranch or farm environment, such as, wind, sun, rain, hail, and snow.