Etude Wines is dedicated to mastering the craft of winegrowing. Etude specializes in Estate grown Carneros Pinot Noir and Chardonnay as well as Pinot Noir from other appellations which include Santa Rita Hills, Santa Maria, Sonoma Coast and Yamhill-Carlton (OR). Etude also produces small amounts of Estate grown Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Rose of Pinot Noir and sources incredible Cabernet Sauvignon fruit from the Napa Valley.
This is a full-time internship offering competitive pay. Employment starts in late July 2020 and finishes October-November 2020 - season dependent.
About the Role
This is a great opportunity for an individual to gain in-depth, hands-on experience in winery production practices. The individual must be motivated with a strong desire to learn and perform the tasks necessary to craft ultra-premium winemaking, work efficiently and be a part of a high energy team, willing to work extended harvest hours, work well in a fast-paced team atmosphere, have fun while learning and build camaraderie, and seek quality results. General harvest cellar work; including wine barrel filling and emptying, cellar sanitation, wine and juice transfers, fermentation cap management (punch down and pump over), wine chemical additions, grape sorting, forklift operation, winery equipment operation, bottling crew, safety recordkeeping.
* Education - High School education or higher and proficiency with basic mathematics required.
* Must have a working knowledge of cellar winemaking processes and requirements.
* Knowledge of basic wine chemistry and spoilage organisms.
* Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and in a dynamic setting.
* Good communication skills.
* Positive attitude and ability to perform as a member of a small and diverse winery team.
* Motivated with a good drive and work ethic.
Apply online today!