WineGlass Marketing, a full-service Direct Marketing agency located in Napa, CA is looking to add someone to our team of 18 to drive our winery clients' DTC businesses. This position is an entry level position at a growing and evolving company and will report to the Account Executives but be closely tied-in with a deeply cooperative account team. (Meaning, we have few "boxes" here and everyone communicates and pitches in on projects and roles are fluid.)
This is a full-time, non-exempt position in Napa, CA. Currently we are all working from home, but eventually you will be required to work in the office in Napa. It may require traveling to clients or conferences from time to time, but will largely be in Napa. Compensation is based on experience ranging from mid 40's to low 50's, but also includes paid holidays, vacations, healthcare, 401k and FSA. Please do not apply if you are looking for part-time work, or this location or salary range does not suit your needs.
We are a very high-performing, tightly knit team with a highly creative and dynamic agency culture. The best fit for us will be someone who has the ability to problem-solve as an individual as well as part of a team in a rapidly changing environment. And, you absolutely must be comfortable with frequent dog drool and snoring, occasional swearing, and random bursts of 80's or 90's music.
You will be a key contact with many of the WGM clients in a support capacity. You will have the purview over several email accounts and phone lines to assist our clients with servicing their customers. A good analogy for this position is a wine club coordinator – but strictly in the back office, and for many different wineries at a time. In this capacity your job may include:
- Maintaining multiple email boxes for different wineries wine clubs and overall order management. Writing responses and solving customer problems.
- Answering phones on behalf of the client to help customers order wine, ship wine, or change or cancel orders in process.
- Setting up skus for ecommerce, POS or fulfillment.
- Moving inventory in response to fluctuating order demands.
- Possibly driving wine to various locations for event or shipping.
- Setting up new skus or products on websites of various clients.
- Creating clubs or “seasons” for our clients, testing logins and ordering before
- Escalating customer support issues that should go to the clients for determination.
- Calling to update credit cards and club information.
- Composing and delivering administrative emails to customers about club shipments
and order details.
- Entering in orders or club memberships when sent in from tasting room.
- You have at least some experience in an office or tasting room environment and can come to the table with the confidence and experience to dive in and start kicking butt immediately.
- High-quality written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as proficient computer skills with basic email and Microsoft Office.
- You are polished and comfortable talking to customers.
- You are able to work independently and efficiently on multiple projects at once (sometimes 10 at a time) and possess the ability to meet client deadlines inside of a time-sensitive environment.
- You must be able to work with a team in execution, support, brainstorming, and having each other's back (we all succeed or fail together.)
- A self-starter: You have the tendency to think through programs and ramifications without requiring guidance.
- A positive attitude: You think anything is possible with some luck and hard work
- A sense of humor: This is a service job and as such it is high pressure, but offers great flexibility, fun and creativity. We all love coming to work and treat and joke with each other as equals.
- You are flexible: You are ok with a non-traditional, busy environment with a thin structure, where your job description, clients and projects are constantly changing.
- You have passion: You get excited about marketing and the wine industry and want to make this your career.
- You are egoless: You're not about getting credit or being right all the time.
Skills that will set you apart:
- Knowledge of the fulfillment houses and DTC players in the business. (Especially WineDirect)
- You have proven history and examples of working in this type of collective management.
- You can start in the next couple weeks and live in Napa/Sonoma.
- You have your own drool-bucket dog, or an encyclopedic knowledge of 80’s bands.