Our facility exists to fill the need of premiere winemaking in a custom crush facility. Offering full service crush, fermentation, and barrel aging. Our unprecedented lab and equipment ensures we're implementing each client's needs and protocols - achieving the desired outcome of legacy wines. We also produce an in-house label, which our staff has complete autonomy over, made from 100% Texas grapes and distributed in grocery stores throughout the state.
We are located in one of the premiere AVA's of Texas. The High Plains AVA is known for its semi arid, hot summers and mild winters which creates an excellent microclimate and terroir for growing grapes.
We are looking for a full-time Winemaker to lead our team of seasoned cellar staff toward crafting premium Texas wines and collaborate with our clients in order to fulfill the vision of their wine programs. He or she will be provided every opportunity to exercise their craft at the highest level in a modern winemaking environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Craft world-class Texas wines from an array of varieties
• Data entry in winemaking software (Experience using Vintrace is a plus)
• Generating work orders for grape and wine production
• Overseeing cellar workers to ensure wine work is conducted properly
• Assisting General Manager in facilities management
• Compiling data needed for government reporting and compliance
• Organizing, overseeing and ensuring successful bottlings throughout the year.
• Grape sampling & grower communication
• Grape receival and processing
• Lab analysis (conducting and recording)
• Fermentation management and monitoring
• Sampling in the cellar
• Conducting and participation in benchmark tastings and blending trials with clients
Qualifications Education, Experience and Knowledge:
• Degree in Viticulture and Enology, Fermentation Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related discipline. Equivalent work experience will be considered
• 5+ years of full time work in wine production
• Sensory evaluation and analytical abilities
• A strong understanding of wine analysis and how it applies to winemaking
• The ability to work both independently and with others
• A strategic, problem-solving mind
• Have flexible work hours and availability for overtime hours (including nights, weekends and holidays) during harvest
• Leadership, team work, and excellent communication skills
• The ability to stay organized in a dynamic and fast-changing environment
• A passion for wine and a strong work ethic
Candidates should have the ability to comfortably lift or move up to 50-60 lbs as needed, and be comfortable working in both cold cellar temperatures and warm outdoor temperatures.
Please respond with resume and cover letter or call (806) 777-9067 for more information.