Redwood Empire Vineyard Management Company is seeking a full time Assistant Vineyard Manager. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while juggling multiple tasks. Successful candidate will be an expert in the relationship between grape growing and farming.
B.S. Degree in Viticulture, related studies or 5+ years’ experience
Bilingual in Spanish/English
Current California Driver’s License
Clean Driving Record
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Crew quality control
Vineyard field checks
Client winery meetings
Lead Safety Committee
Special Projects as requested
Management of Irrigation, Fertilization, and Pest Spray programs
Overseeing of daily viticulture operations of multiple vineyard sites in Alexander, Dry Creek, Sonoma and Russian River Valleys
Turn in paperwork timely-Daily timecards for Self, crews, and individuals, material usage.
Manage schedule and calendar
Prompt response or call back to Executives, office staff, supervisors, foreman, laborers, clients, and vendors.
Open line of communication with employees via radio and or cellphone.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• During harvest the hours are long, and may include some Sunday’s.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and depth perception.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
• Employee must conduct themselves in a professional manner on the field, during meetings, and while assisting clients.
• The work environment is both indoors and outdoors, including all weather conditions: cold, muddy, windy, hail, foggy, or rainy in winter, hot and very sunny during summer. Temperatures may average 65-80°F in office areas, and temperatures outside may range from 25-110°F
• On ranches, the employee will occasionally experience exposure to airborne agents like dust, spores, pollens, insects, smells etc.
We offer a competitive wage, healthcare benefits and vacation accrual after a 90 day trial period.