About Van Duzer Vineyards:
Van Duzer Vineyards is located in the Willamette Valley’s newest AVA, the Van Duzer Corridor. We grow and produce Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, and Pinot Blanc from our estate vineyards, the Eola-Amity Hills, and the Dundee Hills. We focus on small lot fermentations and respect traditional methods while incorporating modern winemaking techniques to achieve our goal of making distinctive world class wines.
Van Duzer will process 300 tons at our state-of-the-art winery for the 2020 harvest. We are looking for two cellar interns to join out team who are excited to learn and grow their career in winemaking. The position will start in September and run into November. We offer lodging onsite.
• Clean and perform routine maintenance on winery facility and equipment in preparation for harvest.
• Collect and process fruit samples from vineyard.
• Process both red and white wine grapes after reception.
• Make wine movements, i.e., racking, of must and wines as needed.
• Weigh, mix, and record additions to adjust juice, wine, and must.
• Prepare and add yeast to juice and must.
• Collect and analyze fermentation samples.
• Participate in both monitoring and management of fermentation.
• Clean, catalog and fill barrels.
• Clean and perform routine maintenance of facility and equipment after harvest.
• Understand and follow all safety protocols as set by the winemaker.
Candidates must be able to:
• Have the ability to understand written and verbal instructions in English.
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Have a good sense of humor (there will be cheesy winemaker jokes).
• Lift 50 pounds.
• Tolerate varying climactic conditions.
• Work days that may exceed 10 hours.
• Be punctual.
• Pay attention to detail.
• Document work with great accuracy.
• Work with metric system.
• Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
• Ability to operate a Forklift is a plus.
• Be flexible and willing to work varying shifts, overtime, extended hours and weekends.
• Mostly importantly have a true desire to make outstanding wine!